Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2017, 01:57 PM

Default Winchester 52 in a 52c stock

I am fairly new to smallbore rifles and have inherited a 1932 Model 52 from my grandfather. I don't want to modify the factory stock from how I received it and have found a 52c stock. My question is outside of small inletting and fitment, will the earlier 52 fit in a 52c stock? I know there were changes to the 52c, but as long as I won't run into any problems with the magazine, action screws, etc, I will proceed.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBore870 View Post
I am fairly new to smallbore rifles and have inherited a 1932 Model 52 from my grandfather. I don't want to modify the factory stock from how I received it and have found a 52c stock. My question is outside of small inletting and fitment, will the earlier 52 fit in a 52c stock? I know there were changes to the 52c, but as long as I won't run into any problems with the magazine, action screws, etc, I will proceed.
Hopefully the barrel profile is the same. You might get lucky, or not.
I have a commercial 52B and a CMP 52D, with the "C" trigger. I don't think I would be able to make the switch with mine, unless I filled the stock and started from scratch.
Good luck.
(We like pictures here, hint hint.)
Old 11-21-2017, 11:01 AM

The barrel channel might be a problem but you are definitely going to have to do some severe inletting on the trigger area of the C stock. Bob