Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 10:01 AM

In reference to the bolt swapping.....did any of you guys think of this scenario ? Lets say that you traded bolts with another guy and got the matching serial numbered bolt for your rifle. O.K. fine, but is that a guarantee that it will headspace properly ? Even worse, the other guy you traded with still has a mis-matched bolt and now it's possible that it has excessive headspace....that's real bad. At least the mis-matched bolt he had before the trade was checked by the CMP for proper headspace. Your thoughts on this ???
Old 12-30-2009, 11:47 AM

I thought of the mis-match up too, and goofing up a rifle that was ok before we tried to fix it. I for one would be HAPPY to wait another month or two on my delivery if it meant getting the numbers right.

Maybe if enough of us ask Orest to do this, he might consider it, CMP being the responsive organization that it is.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:48 PM

Probably the only way to do this would be to ask the cmp store or some individual to receive all bolts that are mismatched and resend everyone the correct bolt. This would have to be done after all rifles are at their new owner. I would think if all rifles were mated back together they should have the original headspace. everyone would have to prepay return shipping to make it go smooth. I still am not convinced it can be done
Old 12-30-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
Probably the only way to do this would be to ask the cmp store or some individual to receive all bolts that are mismatched and resend everyone the correct bolt. This would have to be done after all rifles are at their new owner. I would think if all rifles were mated back together they should have the original headspace. everyone would have to prepay return shipping to make it go smooth. I still am not convinced it can be done
Someone was trying to organize this about 3 years ago during the last 40X release, maybe on the old Jouster. Don't remember if anything ever came of it.

I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.

2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Old 12-30-2009, 11:32 PM

And I tell ya, someone reputable to do this could even make a buck doing this. for say an extra couple bucks to take this task on. I probably would try it. but like I said ruputable. and I would pay a couple bucks extra to mate my next rifle to its bolt, if it needs it when it arrives.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:39 AM

I have bolt 28574
on another issue, my bolt is a bit difficult when locking (bolt handle going down) is this normal? Anyone know how to disassemble the bolt? Thanks !
Looking for bolt #19349

Last edited by Renn; 01-14-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 AM

I have bolt #34356 need bolt #29758 bolt looks great.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 AM

I have bolt #21737 need bolt #20824.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Here's how to dis-assemble the 40X bolt without the special tools: http://www.americanrifleman.org/Webc...ingtonm40x.pdf Thank you, NRA !
Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 PM

Have bolt 25581
Need bolt 20675