• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADMIN
    Administrator
    • Aug 2010

Register Now for CMP’s June D-Day Rifle and Pistol Matches

Register Now for CMP’s June D-Day Rifle and Pistol Matches - TALLADEGA, Ala. – The Annual John C. Garand D-Day Anniversary event will be held June 8-10, 2018, at the Civilian Marksmanship Program’s (CMP) Talladega Marksmanship Park in Alabama. The event will honor the Allied Forces landing at Normandy Beach in France back in 1944 through a series of vintage rifle and pistol competition. Read more at http://thecmp.org/register-now-for-c...istol-matches/.
  • Zut
    • May 2011

I have shot the D day matches for the last couple of years and even managed a couple of gold medal scores. It is a lot of fun. Did notice that the number of entries has declined each year since the original massive turnout. Only shooting my 03A3 with reduced loads now, due to a serious recoil related eye injury (retinal tear). What are the chances that CMP could add vintage military bolt guns to the D day matches? I figure that the M1's have the advantage during rapid fire and the bolt guns are probably a little more accurate during slow fire. That makes everybody pretty much even.

Comment

Working...
    X