Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Forum Webmaster
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 10:23 AM

Default Had to Re-register

I was out-of-town for several days and didn't have internet access. I came home and found that the forum had been updated. I also found that my login didn't work. I tried the "Forgot your login?" link, but it didn't even recognize my email address anymore.

I wound up having to re-register, and when I did so, using the same username as before, the system did not give me an error that someone else already had that username.

It kind of feels like going on a trip and coming home to find your family has moved next door, and when you knock on the door the person who answers says, "Who are you?"

Did everyone have to re-register for the new forum, or did my information just get lost?

-MTR
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Forum Webmaster

Everyone.
CMP did a forum upgrade as well as some house cleaning. Cleared up old users, bad e-mail addresses ect...
Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 AM

Default Re-Register

I had to re-register again. It didn't allow my old password. After 5 attempts at logging in, my "Welcome Forest" was at the top corner. After that, I tryed posting a comment and the software wouldn't let me. This morning it allowed me to post again. I had the same feeling as you, "unrecognized". Even though there were many members who had already jumped the hurdle. But, as the old saying goes "I am glad to be a part of the sideshow" once again.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:01 PM

You're supposed to be able to re-use your old name???

Eli