Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2018, 08:15 PM

For dry fire practice, put a 3/8" black dot on a post it note and put it on the wall.

Go back about 17' and this will simulate your sight picture.

Put the post it high for standing, a couple of feet off the ground for sitting, and about a foot off the ground for prone.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:18 PM

Personally go ahead Powder coat your enblocs. See if they function with out issue.
Honestly though just electro pencil engrave your name on them.
I have yet to loose a enbloc.
Before they are taken down check you tube for how to load 2 rounds and close on a empty chamber itís not hard.
I like the SLED it just keeps things easy for me.
Check all your enblocs for function some donít play well with some rifles and ammunition.

Water and snacks . A portable chair , everything else falls into place. Since you did all the other shooting styles you only need to really figure out the quirks and your dope on the rifle. I canít help but canít my rifle in the standing position so I need to adjust to compensate
Old 03-25-2018, 06:35 PM

Do not powder coat. it is not necesary, and there a lot better ways to mark an enbloc like a paint stick or sharpie. powder coating will add unwanted thickness, and it may cause a lot more problems than it is worth.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:19 PM

Been going to Perry since 2000 have never lost a clip,now brass is a different thing.The brass hounds are a pain in all of the matches.I mark all of my brass with a paint pen or a marker.The worst brass hounds have been at the Springfield M1a1 match every year .