Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2018, 06:52 PM

Default Purchasing rifles a the TMP Store

Through a comedy of errors it appears that I will be visiting the West store during the GCA event. I had planned to visit the South Store on that one morning but it decided it did not want to deal with me again so it closed up for the day.

So I will be attending the opening of the West store on the morning of the 29th which I believe to be at 9am. I do, however, have a couple questions.

Is the purchase process the same? At the south store I find my rifle, I take it to the window and turn it in, then I talk to the most important lady in the Garand world and she takes my information, gives me my paperwork, and takes my money. I complete said paperwork, give it back to her, show her a copy of my plane ticket so it can be shipped to my house (This is an AWESOME service feature BTW) and then I leave and return to my work location.

Does it work the same way at the West store?

Secondly I have heard that the rifles at the West store are behind the counter? How does that work? Is it like adopting a puppy where you select it through a window then they put you in a pen to play with it to see if this is the Garand for you?

Finally will there be an issue with a non-GCA member horning in on GCA action? I am hoping that there will be lots of cool stuff out for this event and I will get a chance to buy some, but I am worried that I might get SHiv'd in the line for being non-union as it where.

Sorry for all the question but in all seriousness I have a very limited window of about an hour to hit the west store on that day. I have a plane to catch two hours away at 2pm so I have to be able to hit the ground running. Due to this I am trying to make sure I have all the variables I can solved before my arrival so any information that can be provided is of a great help.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:06 PM

Yes the same.. but it's cheaper to the extent of less taxes.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinandKim View Post
Yes the same.. but it's cheaper to the extent of less taxes.
HO! I hadn't even thought of that!
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 09-23-2018, 09:42 AM

Nope, no puppy window. Think like local gun gun shop with a glass display counter in front of the M1 racks. When I was there, there was no passing the guns over the counter to look at, it was, “Feel free to step behind the counter and look at whatever ya want”. Now, that might be a little harder to do if it’s real busy. The folks at TMP are just like the folks at CMP South, very friendly and very accommodating.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:42 PM

Do they ship from TMP? I haven't heard that discussed; would be worth checking.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 09-27-2018, 06:50 PM

Send a message via MSN to Tom Fisher
Default Do you have to pay to go into the Creedmoor store?

I want to visit the Creedmoor store to buy a rifle, but I'm not interested in using the shooting range. Do I still have to pay a fee to have access to the store? Thanks in advance for any info,

Tim
Old 09-27-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Fisher View Post
I want to visit the Creedmoor store to buy a rifle, but I'm not interested in using the shooting range. Do I still have to pay a fee to have access to the store? Thanks in advance for any info,

Tim
No
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell