Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Starting as you enter store, normally Drill rifles/M1 D&Cís/ RG/FG/SG/CMP Specials in that order. They donít mind you holding (A) rifle while you look at other for a short period..... Normally same manufacturers rifles are placed together. This can all change at anytime, but this is normal. Good luck.
Got it - thank you.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_robin View Post
Excellent! So what's the etiquette about picking out rifles? Last time I started at the door, went through the rack left to right and picked up a good shooter, not paying attention to brand. (ended up with a nice IHC) Can I pick up a couple rifles until I make a decision? Or just go down the line until I get to the HRA?

I don't want to be "that guy."
Normally at opening customers enter in the order that they arrived at the store. There's a few places to sit just outside the door and it always a good time to sit out there and chat with others before the door opens. If you're set on the HRA I would get there an hour before opening time. Once inside if there is a crowd and you find a rifle you want to look at back away from the racks so others can look. If you find one you want and wish to browse some more the good folks working at the window will sit the rifle off to side until you're ready to check out. If you happen to stop by tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning I'll be the 55ish guy wearing camo short pants. Btw, if you want to quickly look for the HRA instead of picking up every rifle just take a quick look at the hang tag.

Last edited by Ronwall; 09-19-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Normally at opening customers enter in the order that they arrived at the store. There's a few places to sit just outside the door and it always a good time to sit out there and chat with others before the door opens. If you're set on the HRA I would get there an hour before opening time. Once inside if there is a crowd and you find a rifle you want to look at back away from the racks so others can look. If you find one you want and wish to browse some more the good folks working at the window will sit the rifle off to side until you're ready to check out. If you happen to stop by tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning I'll be the 55ish guy wearing camo short pants. Btw, if you want to quickly look for the HRA instead of picking up every rifle just take a quick look at the hang tag.
Holy smoke an hour!?!!? I was there a couple weeks ago at 9:00 with only 3 or 4 folks. But yes, I'll go ahead and get there early. I'll be in a red or white company polo. (Intrepid)

I have a feeling this is going to become a routine for me... it's just too enticing being this close. If the HRAs gone I'll look for something else that piques my interest...
Old 09-19-2018, 03:44 PM

You can try a sticky on mail order. I posted picks forum of the 3 I got. Stickied for HRA and got 3. Surprised but sure was happy.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_robin View Post
Holy smoke an hour!?!!? I was there a couple weeks ago at 9:00 with only 3 or 4 folks. But yes, I'll go ahead and get there early. I'll be in a red or white company polo. (Intrepid)

I have a feeling this is going to become a routine for me... it's just too enticing being this close. If the HRAs gone I'll look for something else that piques my interest...
Last time I was there I arrived 30 minutes before opening and was 4th in line.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:48 PM

Funny enough... or not really funny to me... was I was delayed an hour getting to the store this morning due to a wreck. I arrived at 8:30, there were about a dozen folks there, 4 or 5 buying guns. Someone snatched the HRA out from under me.

Actually what I was told was a gentleman arrived very early, first one in the door... made a beeline for the HRA and bought it asap. By the time I got there he was already gone I think. You snooze you lose! Hopefully it's someone on here so I can see a picture at least!

By the time I left at 1020 it looked like they'd sold 15 - 16 rifles that morning.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:07 PM

Default Thursday closing report

The racks were almost full at closing, 63 rifles present. Store sold 15 rifles and it has been restocked.

FINALLY two USMC rebuilds showed up today. Ronwall picked up a nice HRA FG 0-66 and the other customer picked up a IHC SG 0-66, that would be ME!!! It has been a long while since any have been in the store, three in the last three weeks SA RG, maybe this is a sign??

IHC SG 6/ FG 24/ RG 4

SA FG 7/ #220xxxx with nice WRA barrel and #270xxxx with SA 3-44 barrel, only WWII barrel.

CMP Specials 9/ CMP Field Specials 4

HRA FG 1 #554xxxx w/SA 10-53 barrel, other was USMC rebuild #470xxxx sold.

WRA zero.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturner23462 View Post
This is what I call Sub-optimal. I had planned to come to the south store on the 29th, as in altering flights to be there. What can you tell us about the west store? Any efforts to up the stock on hand there for the ecent? Is the process for buying the same? How overcrowded should one expect it to be. Any idea on store hours?
I believe the Anniston store will be closed but the shooting range store in Talladega will be open on the 29th.