Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Order 682337(Jan 10) shipped today
Two cans loose AP enroute to my doorstep.
Good to know, I am only a few numbers after you.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:21 AM

673855 was attempted to deliver yesterday, but noone was home, so your items might be shipping even though the CMP estore system doesn't show it yet. Mine stil shows as shipping ASAP, but will be delivered today.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

Default Big surprise!

Back on 25 Feb, I saw that the linked AP popped up on the e-store again for a short time. I was able to order a can before it disappeared, but given that some other discontinued ammo also showed up, I figured it was an anomaly, and as happened before, I'd get an e-mail from CS stating it was an error.
But, what the hey.

No e-mail, and it sat in e-store as pending until this week when CC was hit. Here's the timeline:
Order #685927
Ordered: 25 Feb
CC Hit: 31 Mar
Shipped: 3 Apr
Received: 5 Apr

FedEx delivered the box today and I was very surprised when I took the can out of the box.
An original M19 can manufactured by Rudy Furnace Co., with the painted-on bullet still very visible on the lid, which you can just see through the dust!

It's very dusty, has a bent side handle and is missing a clip to the lid handle, but it can be cleaned and those items repaired. It has original paint/markings, hasn't been marked over and the seal and interior are in superb condition!

To top it off, inside were exactly 250 rounds of linked AP, ALL FA (Frankford Arsenal) 1942 headstamp, and from what I can tell of the rounds/links, this is the originally-linked items, just re-packaged in this can, which shows the Lot as FA-L-544. A lot of dust on the rounds/links, which I did not see on earlier orders. Not even sure what I'm going to do with them at this point.

I know...without pictures, it didn't happen:

Regards,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 04-06-2014 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
Back on 25 Feb, I saw that the linked AP popped up on the e-store again for a short time. I was able to order a can before it disappeared, but given that some other discontinued ammo also showed up, I figured it was an anomaly, and as happened before, I'd get an e-mail from CS stating it was an error.
But, what the hey.

No e-mail, and it sat in e-store as pending until this week when CC was hit. Here's the timeline:
Order #685927
Ordered: 25 Feb
CC Hit: 31 Mar
Shipped: 3 Apr
Received: 5 Apr

FedEx delivered the box today and I was very surprised when I took the can out of the box.
An original M19 can manufactured by Rudy Furnace Co., with the painted-on bullet still very visible on the lid, which you can just see through the dust!

It's very dusty, has a bent side handle and is missing a clip to the lid handle, but it can be cleaned and those items repaired. It has original paint/markings, hasn't been marked over and the seal and interior are in superb condition!

To top it off, inside were exactly 250 rounds of linked AP, ALL FA (Frankford Arsenal) 1942 headstamp, and from what I can tell of the rounds/links, this is the originally-linked items, just re-packaged in this can, which shows the Lot as FA-L-544. A lot of dust on the rounds/links, which I did not see on earlier orders. Not even sure what I'm going to do with them at this point.

I know...without pictures, it didn't happen:

Regards,
Rob

Well that sucks. I did the same. Here's my timeline compared to yours:

Order #685927 - My order #685931
Ordered: 25 Feb - Same with a "11:11pm confirmation email"
CC Hit: 31 Mar - My card hit on 29 March
Shipped: 3 Apr - On April 2 = Shipping email notice with Tracking number. Moved to order history on estore.
Received: 5 Apr - On April 3 = Email stating the item was sold out and no longer available.

4/6 Read this posting. Tracking number still shows "Shipment information sent to FedEx". No refund issued to card yet. Annoyed.

Last edited by JustinTJ; 04-06-2014 at 10:00 PM.