Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post

Again:
How do you or anybody know if your pistol came in a separate box as opposed to all those sent in a large wooden crate surrounded by bubble wrap...…?
Look, I'm easy to please. In that case I would just want CMP to find that exact piece of bubble wrap and send it along. In that crate.

But seriously, I think almost every collector would want the original box their pistol came in, assuming it had a serial number to match. This shouldn't be surprising to any who lurk here. I'm not faulting CMP for not making this happen, likely because they had much bigger things to worry about with the 1911 program, but a guy can dream.

Last edited by Blockhead; 11-19-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:00 PM

Blockhead:
I'm not throwing stones at you in anyway...……….
Yes, I understand why a collector might want the "LAST-BOX-IT-WAS-IN" because the "original" box got tossed 75years ago.
But right/wrong that decision (to send out pistols in the "LAST-BOX-IT-WAS-IN" or not) was decided 9000? pistols ago.
I suspect that "ship sailed long ago."
And people are whining about the different pistol cases they got, I can only imagine how upset people would be if they found out their pistol just came from a plain-old-ratty wood crate with some Chinese-made recycled 7 times bubble wrap.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM

I wish CMP spokesman would Come here and answer whether or not they've made a decision. Like a said they had been selling the wooden crates at the South store unfortunately in Illinois it's pretty far for me to drive. Again I'd be more and will not throw a $20 bill toward CMP for the original Box plus shipping.
Ayers Kaserne, Fulda Gap
& Ft. Riley
100% Service-Connected Disabled Veteran
Just another Cold war Warrior too!
Old 11-19-2019, 02:15 PM

Sir:
The 1911 reps and Mark Johnson's email are available here.
How about you send him a respectful email and ask the question directly?
They don't always read/respond to these threads.

But I would be prepared for some sort of answer that they already disposed of the "last-box-the-pistol-was-in" ……..
Old 11-19-2019, 02:55 PM

Yes I have emailed them directly and got no response.
Ayers Kaserne, Fulda Gap
& Ft. Riley
Old 11-19-2019, 07:32 PM

People,people. Do any of the posters really think these pistols have been in individual cardboard boxes for the last 40+ years? C’mon, the military doesn’t/hasn’t worked that way; since forever!
Old 11-19-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenum View Post
People,people. Do any of the posters really think these pistols have been in individual cardboard boxes for the last 40+ years? Címon, the military doesnít/hasnít worked that way; since forever!
I don't know how many of the 1911s came in cardboard boxes, but I've seen pictures that some did.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:12 PM

You want an answer, I will give you an answer, We have not made a decision and it is low man on the totem pole at this time. Before everyone starts to yell, cry or bit**, the majority of the pistols DID NOT come in a cardboard box. IF we did (I am not saying we are) the chances of you getting the box with your pistol's serial number is slim to none. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Now the question is "CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH".
Old 11-19-2019, 10:23 PM

Yes thank you and I would happy with any of the pistol shipping box with or without my Serial number. And would not ask you to search for it I was just be happy with you giving me the option to buy the Box any 1. Thank you again and I'm not crying whining or **********ing
Ayers Kaserne, Fulda Gap
& Ft. Riley
Old 11-20-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
You want an answer, I will give you an answer, We have not made a decision and it is low man on the totem pole at this time. Before everyone starts to yell, cry or bit**, the majority of the pistols DID NOT come in a cardboard box. IF we did (I am not saying we are) the chances of you getting the box with your pistol's serial number is slim to none. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Now the question is "CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH".