Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetGunNut View Post
fischfam, Welcome to the wonderful world of reloading!

If you're just looking for some cheap projectiles, Polygunbag.com has 145gr .308 tracers on sale for $45/1000. I picked up 4K recently and they are great people to deal with. Here's a link:
http://www.polygunbag.com/.30CalSurp...argerView.html

They are not very accurate to say the least but if you just want some fodder to run through your Garand they'll work nicely.

FYI: Make sure you have somewhere to shoot 'em before you get them. You don't want to start any fires!

Closet
Polygun bag...hope I don't get in trouble for saying this, but I won't bother with them again. Wanted some brass recently...called three times, phone busy. Called on a Saturday morning and the owner answered...it is his home phone number...said it is his day off, but still spent 5 minutes talking about what I wanted to buy. Said he'd call me back on Monday when he was open again. Never called. Now why bother to talk to me on Saturday morning and not take my order? He doesn't have order capability over the interent. A big waste of time in my opinion.

What has been people's experience with WW 147gr. FMJ bullets for practice?

Jeff
Old 05-22-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
Polygun bag...hope I don't get in trouble for saying this, but I won't bother with them again. Wanted some brass recently...called three times, phone busy. Called on a Saturday morning and the owner answered...it is his home phone number...said it is his day off, but still spent 5 minutes talking about what I wanted to buy. Said he'd call me back on Monday when he was open again. Never called. Now why bother to talk to me on Saturday morning and not take my order? He doesn't have order capability over the interent. A big waste of time in my opinion.

Jeff
Thanks for the info about this company.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:12 PM

take a look here

http://www.rvow.com/m2%20ball%20bullets.htm
Old 05-23-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TCU View Post
I remember those prices. The site that comes up has not been updated since 2005.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:48 PM

Story has it that Tom died and Nikki was left to run the business. I haven't heard of anyone successfully buying anything from RVO for at least five years. Their phone has been on an answering machine since 2006 and I never got a call back.

The prices sure are good, though.

Kinda sad.

(/)(\)
----0000--(..)--0000----
Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 AM

If you want to quickly remove the asphaltic sealer on milsurp FMJ's such as HXP, go to Lowes and get some Kleen-Strip xylene in the paint dept. Soak for a couple of hours, and spread on an old towel to dry. Completely removes to sealer.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM

I just tumbled my surplus M2 projectiles. I buy them at polygunbag for $150/k. Not real cheap, but I stashed back a few thousand for emergency purposes. They shoot great for me.

I don't like M80 projectiles out of my M1s. Not very good groups for me. Probably poor load development on my part.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:47 PM

Look for the FMJ seconds from Winchester or Remington 150 gr.