Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 PM

PS non-corrosive
KA corrosive

Both Korean manufacture.

David H.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 AM

Your a-hole buddy at the gun shop is trying to get even with you. Stay away from that Korean crap. It's no Good. Personal experience, My dad blew up a beautiful Walnut stock at a Service rifle match shooting the KA headstamp stuff about 6 years ago. Split the stock in two from the front clear back to behind the trigger housing area.One out of every ten rounds had a hot primer in the pocket and split the brass case.He had two hot ones in a row. I know for a fact, I was there!!!!!Get on the internet , you can uasually find info about this Ka Junk and pictures of the split shell cases. So if you want to keep your M1 in one piece, I don't suggest you shoot that stuff through it." FAIR WARNING" MY opinion and I know there will be someone on here that will debate me on this crap!!!But untill you have a bad experience with the junk, you ,don't know. We got two cans of that junk at a gun show several years ago before we knew about CMP.Suggestion, dig a hole and bury the crap real deep so some other poor person don't find it and use it!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1garand1055 View Post
Your a-hole buddy at the gun shop is trying to get even with you. Stay away from that Korean crap. It's no Good. Personal experience, My dad blew up a beautiful Walnut stock at a Service rifle match shooting the KA headstamp stuff about 6 years ago. Split the stock in two from the front clear back to behind the trigger housing area.One out of every ten rounds had a hot primer in the pocket and split the brass case.He had two hot ones in a row. I know for a fact, I was there!!!!!Get on the internet , you can uasually find info about this Ka Junk and pictures of the split shell cases. So if you want to keep your M1 in one piece, I don't suggest you shoot that stuff through it." FAIR WARNING" MY opinion and I know there will be someone on here that will debate me on this crap!!!But untill you have a bad experience with the junk, you ,don't know. We got two cans of that junk at a gun show several years ago before we knew about CMP.Suggestion, dig a hole and bury the crap real deep so some other poor person don't find it and use it!!!!!
The box of ammo pictured by the OP is PS Korean M2 ball not KA.Sorry to hear about your dad.Hope he was not seriously hurt.No expierence with KA but,have shot plenty of PS with no issue.As previously stated with any military surplus ammo it is wise to inspect all rounds before use.

Thanks
David H
Old 02-10-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
The box of ammo pictured by the OP is PS Korean M2 ball not KA.Sorry to hear about your dad.Hope he was not seriously hurt.No expierence with KA but,have shot plenty of PS with no issue.As previously stated with any military surplus ammo it is wise to inspect all rounds before use.

Thanks
David H
I agree, PS is fine, and "technically" not corrosive, but it is DIRTY SHOOTING stuff and if you don't clean immediately, it does some funny stuff in your bore very quickly and will cause rusty-stuff on your operating rod.. If I shoot PS (and I have a can or two but will avoid it short of Armageddon), I would clean thoroughly with Sweets or some other water-based stuff, wipe off the op-rod etc. my .02 anwyay.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 PM

The only thing my dad got besides a ruined stock was a warm hand from the heat of the barrel when the stock cracked that day!!!!Just don't trust that Korean stuff. Like my dad said " they couldn't get us in Korea back then, but they sure are trying with their ammo now" !!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1garand1055 View Post
The only thing my dad got besides a ruined stock was a warm hand from the heat of the barrel when the stock cracked that day!!!!Just don't trust that Korean stuff. Like my dad said " they couldn't get us in Korea back then, but they sure are trying with their ammo now" !!!!!!!
m1garand1055,

Was the rifle repaired??
Glad to your dad was OK!!

David H.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 PM

Yea we were okay with the rifle. Just had to replace the stock. I wish I had some pictures of what it did to that stock!!!! We were lucky it didn'y blow the heel off the back of the receiver or bend the op rod. No internal damage.Sure ruined a beautiful Walnut stock .I haven't trusted any of that Korean ammo since!!!! It's like the neighbor's dog that bites you, you never trust that dog again!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Chief Ives

I have fired at least 1000 Rds. of "KA" ammo. I shoot it in my 03's & 03A3's. I clean the bolt guns with hot soapy water and follow up with Hopps #9. If you read the front lable on the Hopps bottle you will see it's recommended for corrosive primers. I then wash the brass with hot soapy water let it air dry. Tumble it with Nu-Finish & crushed walnut for a couple of hours. Deprime cut primer pocket trim & reload it for use in my Grands & 03's again. 47 Gr. IMR 4895 CCI Nato #34 primer & 147-150 Gr. FMJBT. It's good ammo and good for many reloads. Good shooting.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:40 PM

I have shot thousands of rounds bothe KA and PS and never had a problem.It shoots real good,better then the greek in my 03's.That was when it was cheap.I would not buy any KA at the price they are asking these days.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:48 PM

PS is good ammo and non-corrosive.Our club just finished up a batch of about 20,000rds and had zero problems.
Anyone out there that thinks its crap just send it to me and I will dispose of it for them