Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2016, 03:53 PM

Well I aint got the email yet....I'm holding on
Old 04-21-2016, 04:39 PM

I will hold on until they say ( That's all guys - Gone )
I do wish they would email and ask if you would like your order to stay on back order in case in the future a few more would come in or do you want your order closed as we are NOW OUT.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:18 PM

I'd say the odds are as good that they still have oodles of in-house carbines as they have not one left. Would be nice to get a forum update, but those days ended when Orest retired

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 04-21-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
Would be nice to get a forum update, but those days ended when Orest retired
Yeah I'm not trying to sound like I'm doggin Mark....but a little more presence on here from CMP officials/employees would be nice. I see it as post here or get inundated with calls/emails asking the same questions.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 PM

Question Dear John

Received my Dear John today. I mailed my order, with check on the Friday prior, from Louisville, KY. No tracking or confirmation requested.

The letter simply says I didn't make cut in the number of rifles offered vis a vis the number of orders received.

Today is April 21, 2016. The form letter itself is dated March 6, 2016 . I wonder why my Dear John couldn't have been mailed at the time I missed out?

Oh well, can't win every race!
Old 04-22-2016, 03:29 PM

Default Gun sales increase

What is hilarious is the number of guns that I have read about being bought while everyone is waiting for a winning Carbine lottery ticket. While I have not received my first carbine yet (not hilarious), I bought three Swiss and a Finnish milsurp. I think that I am far from being alone in this activity. The CMP is an economic engine beyond itself.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlag View Post
What is hilarious is the number of guns that I have read about being bought while everyone is waiting for a winning Carbine lottery ticket. While I have not received my first carbine yet (not hilarious), I bought three Swiss and a Finnish milsurp. I think that I am far from being alone in this activity. The CMP is an economic engine beyond itself.
Yes Sir! I really knackered-up the old CC pretty bad myself, buying possible consolation prizes!

Hopefully we will hear good news soon.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlag View Post
You've got that right! In addition to a T38 Japanese Carbine and a Remington Versa Max, I've dropped more $$ than I dare add up at CMP and various other vendors for M1 Carbine trimmings, gear and ammo....finally had to slap myself back into patiently waiting for positive word from CMP regarding my (hopefully) very first M1 Carbine.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:32 PM

I have to assume that my envelope hasn't been opened yet. My E-Store information hasn't been updated yet. I'm still unable to buy ammo and too stubborn to email a copy of my proof of citizenship.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim970 View Post
You've got that right! In addition to a T38 Japanese Carbine and a Remington Versa Max, I've dropped more $$ than I dare add up at CMP and various other vendors for M1 Carbine trimmings, gear and ammo....finally had to slap myself back into patiently waiting for positive word from CMP regarding my (hopefully) very first M1 Carbine.
Yep, like a daddy getting the baby room ready for the expected baby, I bought the USGI oiler, sling, magazines, reference books and ammo like a good CMP'r.