Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2017, 07:07 PM

They're not admitting it (?)
Old 03-24-2017, 07:18 PM

Was there yesterday afternoon. Only real change from last detailed report would be in the form of a few more M1 drill's added to the selection. There were five field special's left and only one had some pitting. These are in my opinion really nice rifles for $200 less then the special's.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:42 PM

Talking Range Report on my 6 Mil. M1

Today was a nice day in the Detroit area, so I took my new 6 Mil. Springfield M1 out to the range. As mentioned last week, the receiver is from 1957 and the Springfield barrel was made in March of 1967. The barrel has an ME of 0 and a TE of 1.0. I also added a NOS bolt that I bought at Camp Perry last July.

The results, in my opinion, were outstanding. I was able to shoot minute of angle groups, consistently, at 100 yards, using three different 168 grain hand-load recipes, (Nosler, Hornady and Sierra Tipped Match-King). The brass and primers were mixed LC, RP, HXP and a few others.

I have another Springfield, from 1944, with a NOS 1951 Springfield barrel, but it doesn't come close to this rifle. These results made me wonder if I somehow got one of those unmarked NM M1s that I've heard about. I know some 6 Mil M1s were turned into NM rifles, but I see no NM marks anywhere on this rifle. Or, maybe its because of all of the "brand new" parts in this rifle. Whatever it is, I am a very happy shooter. Can't wait for the John C. Garand Match this Summer!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:00 AM

Are there AYR spam cans?
Old 03-25-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranehunter View Post
Are there AYR spam cans?
I believe there was some there today, 25Mar17. Best to call first though: 1.419.635.2141.

Full rack, 48, of 6M M1's. A number of these had AUC on the tags. Rest of items pretty much the same as previously reported.

Last edited by Big_Red; 04-15-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Removed pics of store interior/rifles
Old 04-15-2017, 09:31 AM

Did they have any garand slings left?
Bay of Pigs Fiasco
TIN CAN sailor
VFW LIFE member
NRA LIFE member.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:28 PM

Default Ordering M1

What are the grades of M1s which CMP is selling right now? Assuming the grades are not that good ,what do you think would be the next best buy besides an M1?

Thanks

Edit spelling

Last edited by fsasquad1; 04-17-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:56 AM

Admittedly I'm showing my newbie self here . I just got all my paperwork together for a CMP purchase and there is nothing on-line as far as M1s that I'm interested in. When do we think something will be posted on the CMP web-site? I'm hoping to get something but it seems that many people have this down to a science and I'm left out in the cold. I'm just saying . So when and how does the CMP alert us? Do we constantly check the CMP web-site?

Thanks
Old 04-18-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsasquad1 View Post
Admittedly I'm showing my newbie self here . I just got all my paperwork together for a CMP purchase and there is nothing on-line as far as M1s that I'm interested in. When do we think something will be posted on the CMP web-site? I'm hoping to get something but it seems that many people have this down to a science and I'm left out in the cold. I'm just saying . So when and how does the CMP alert us? Do we constantly check the CMP web-site?

Thanks
No alerts from CMP. You just have to check every day.

Once someone discovers that new rifle options are available, they usually will post here in the forums.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsasquad1 View Post

Thanks
You are right...pickings are slim right now.
There was a recent post from the South Store that CMP was behind 1500 orders for Service and Field Grades, so don't expect anything new for awhile.
My suggestion is to educate yourself as much as you can and decide what you are looking for...WWII, post war, Springfield, HRA, Service Grade, etc.
Once you know what you want, post a "Want To Buy"(WTB) here on the Forum and let the sellers come to you. The other option is to watch the "Want To Sell" postings. You may pay more than CMP is charging but with pictures and communications you are likely to get what you want...rather than luck of the draw.
There are some good and knowledgeable people here that are thinning out their collections and might be a good time to pick up a nice rifle.
Welcome to the Forum and good luck!!!