Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2019, 07:38 PM

Default Any update?

South Store Report for today. SA SG's w/new CMP stocks. SA FG's with GAW stocks, several FG's with lockbars, original barrels....

North Store....crickets?
Old 10-25-2019, 07:37 AM

I was at NS when they opened yesterday.

1917s - Zero

1903 - 20+

1903A3 - 5. Four were gone when I left about 9:45. The remaining A3 was a Remington with good wood, a slightly bent front sight, and gauged at 2/2+ if I remember right.

Garands - Same variety reported previously.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Just got off the phone with the North Store: only one 1903A3 left, Remington manufacture. Twenty 1903s left.

Did not ask about the M1s.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:22 AM

Default north store, Friday

I was there this morning at opening, racks were full,24 SG SA( new CMP wood),24 FG SA( no cartouches),24 SG IHC,about 12 FG IHC, 6 WRA SG, 4 WRA FG, 20 1903's, one 1903A3, full rack M1C SG and FG, full rack SA RG specials. full rack WRA RG specials and some other specials. I was the only one in the store for the first 20 minutes
Old 10-25-2019, 10:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to muddy Send a message via MSN to muddy Send a message via Yahoo to muddy
Default North Store Stock

Wow- what a great report. Fine time to visit the North Store for sure. I bought a Rack Grade Special in Vermont last month. It is an excellent, accurate rifle. Glad they got some up to the North Store. Bet they won't last long. Sure wish I could get there but its not gonna happen. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:35 PM

I was there today (10/26/19) and came out with a nice 1.13 SA Field Grade. I was having trouble in deciding between three rifles. Either of them would have been good. Interestingly, mine came with an uncut WRA slant handle Op Rod.

I only looked at SA anf IHC Field Grades, but think it's a great time to go.
Springfield Armory 5,940,259, 5,840,184, 4,238,435 and 2,023,912.
Harrington & Richardson 5,549,399.

Words that are always found together:
USA: Liquor Store and Robbed, Pressure Cooker and Explode
Germany:
Air Show and Rammstein

"REPO" M1 Parts: The parts you buy that they come to take back later on.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:50 PM

We were there today (10-26). Plenty of field grades (SA, some IHC). One side of a rack of service grades. I saw one HRA in there. All had CMP wood. Lots of IHC service grades to choose from. Maybe a dozen WRA service grades (CMP wood also). My friend grabbed the last 03A3. They had about 8 03's, most had "dark bore" on the hang tags. Field and rack grade specials, both mainly WRA if I remember right. I didn't look too closely because I was mainly interested in the service grades.

Lots of good stuff there right now. It's the best it has been in many years. We're only 100 miles away, for anyone farther, don't hesitate to make the trip right now.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We were there today (10-26). Plenty of field grades (SA, some IHC). One side of a rack of service grades. I saw one HRA in there. All had CMP wood. Lots of IHC service grades to choose from. Maybe a dozen WRA service grades (CMP wood also). My friend grabbed the last 03A3. They had about 8 03's, most had "dark bore" on the hang tags. Field and rack grade specials, both mainly WRA if I remember right. I didn't look too closely because I was mainly interested in the service grades.

Lots of good stuff there right now. It's the best it has been in many years. We're only 100 miles away, for anyone farther, don't hesitate to make the trip right now.
There was so much decent stuff (not good stuff) that I did not get to look at it all. It reminded me of the early days. While I said that it was not good stuff, but rather decent stuff, there is some good stuff if you look. Back years and years ago, much of the stock was good. Now, as a result of dwindling supply, a lot of the best stuff is no longer there and more of the "chaff" starts to infiltrate, but this is to be expected as time goes on. Yes, it was the best I have seen it in recent times. I may go next weekend just to look more and talk with some of the regulars.

Germany:
Air Show and Rammstein

Old 10-28-2019, 05:35 PM

Some pics of the spoils are usually appropriate.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
Some pics of the spoils are usually appropriate.
I would do some pictures, but I don't have a photo hosting account and kind of don't feel like starting yet another account with passwords, etc.

Germany:
Air Show and Rammstein

Last edited by Danny; 11-03-2019 at 08:20 AM.