Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:55 AM
redneckgunman redneckgunman is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Springfield, GA
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehoot View Post
Am I understanding correctly that there are cmp sales at the Talledega range?

Forgive my ignorance, I have not been to Anniston since before the range was.constructed.

I know they have the pro shop, is that where the sales.are?
Yes, they have a small CMP sales area inside the Creedmore store.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-05-2017, 12:45 PM
steelap steelap is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North AL
Posts: 5,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehoot View Post
Am I understanding correctly that there are cmp sales at the Talledega range?

Forgive my ignorance, I have not been to Anniston since before the range was.constructed.

I know they have the pro shop, is that where the sales.are?
There are a few CMP rifles in the Creedmore shop at the TMP.

Last time I was at the TMP they had some M1 Garands and two M1903A3 rifles.

As I understand it, when you pick out your rifle you fill out the paperwork at the TMP check-in counter, pay the CMP after the NICS check, and take the rifle with you. Plan on tax - may be 10%, may be less, since TMP is not in Oxford.

Under new rules you get an hour of free range time with the purchase of a CMP rifle (bought either at the TMP or the CMP South Store). This is, incidentally, a great idea.

There is a possibility that the South Store will be moved to the TMP. However, that is not and may not be finalized. It makes sense, though - sell the rifles and ammo where they can be used. This would be another instance of Mark trying to make things better for the CMP customers.

"Life is Good!"

Last edited by steelap; 12-05-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-05-2017, 01:00 PM
T38Carbine T38Carbine is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 3,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
There is a possibility that the South Store will be moved to the TMP. However, that is not and may not be finalized. It makes sense, though - sell the rifles and ammo where they can be used. This would be another instance of Mark trying to make things better for the CMP customers.

"Life is Good!"
And a good businessman...why maintain two brick and mortar stores in close proximity to one another?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM
SamuelD SamuelD is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehoot View Post
Am I understanding correctly that there are cmp sales at the Talledega range?

Forgive my ignorance, I have not been to Anniston since before the range was.constructed.

I know they have the pro shop, is that where the sales.are?

Yes. They typically have a few Garands and when there is an 03A3 release they have gotten a few of those as well.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:22 PM
snowbound snowbound is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 29
Default

I drove up from Pensacola with two buddies for a SS visit and range time on 15/16 Oct. They picked up an 03a3 each from the SS. Purchased mine from the TMP for $10 less plus $20 saving on the range. Only thing they cannot provide was the CMP certificate. That will be mailed.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:16 AM
steelap steelap is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North AL
Posts: 5,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbound View Post
I drove up from Pensacola with two buddies for a SS visit and range time on 15/16 Oct. They picked up an 03a3 each from the SS. Purchased mine from the TMP for $10 less plus $20 saving on the range. Only thing they cannot provide was the CMP certificate. That will be mailed.
Sounds like the tax IS less. Good!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:39 AM
rob30-06 rob30-06 is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
Sounds like the tax IS less. Good!
Sales Tax at the South Store is 10%.
Sales Tax at the range store is 8%

A decent savings for the short distance to travel if they have inventory.
Rob
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.