Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwcritch View Post
Well a couple things there... Iíd have to go back and look but Iím pretty sure I was an E-4 when I made my first CMP purchase, and Iíve only used my military ID for proof of citizenship. Secondly if the CMP has employees saying this, theyíre wrong as I have known and still know people who are not US citizens but are E-5ís and above. In fact my supervisor was getting ready to retire and was scrambling to wrap his citizenship as it was easier to do that on active duty than when retired.
who knows, at one time it may have been an E-4 cutoff in rank for non citizens, things change all the time.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtime7 View Post
who knows, at one time it may have been an E-4 cutoff in rank for non citizens, things change all the time.
This is true, things do change, but at present time I know that the USCG has no rank requirement for citizenship, just time in service, and the USN has no such requirement. Other branches I donít know for certain, but Iím almost certain the USMC (they are the department of the Navy) and USA has no such requirement neither, but of course Iíve never heard of this rank/citizenship requirement. USAF, donít know, Iíd have to ask my cousin.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:16 PM

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/

Proof of U.S. Citizenship:

You must provide a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, passport, proof of naturalization, or any official government document (When using a military ID to prove citizenship, must be an E5 or above) that shows birth in the U.S. or states citizenship as U.S.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJon View Post
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/

Proof of U.S. Citizenship:

You must provide a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, passport, proof of naturalization, or any official government document (When using a military ID to prove citizenship, must be an E5 or above) that shows birth in the U.S. or states citizenship as U.S.
I was just looking at that after talking to my wife about when I made my first purchase. Iíve never noticed that whole blurb, I guess Iíve just always taken for granted that theyíve always taken my military ID. Of course their (the CMP) E-5 rule may be something that wasnít at the time of my first purchase. Still strange that theyíd let someone use a military ID at all as proof since you can be an E-5 and above in some services and not be a citizen.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwcritch View Post
I was just looking at that after talking to my wife about when I made my first purchase. I’ve never noticed that whole blurb, I guess I’ve just always taken for granted that they’ve always taken my military ID. Of course their (the CMP) E-5 rule may be something that wasn’t at the time of my first purchase. Still strange that they’d let someone use a military ID at all as proof since you can be an E-5 and above in some services and not be a citizen.
If you look at the requirement posted by AFJON, your id has to show US citizenship.

Just looked at a Active Duty ID, didn't have anything about citizenship

Last edited by mtime7; 12-07-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtime7 View Post
If you look at the requirement posted by AFJON, your id has to show US citizenship
I think youíre reading that wrong. Iím reading it as saying You must provide a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, passport, proof of naturalization, or any official government document that shows birth in the U.S. or states citizenship as U.S.

If you are using a military ID you must be an E5 or above. To the best of my knowledge no military ID says anything about citizenship. Mine certainly doesnít, however Iím a higher paygrade than E5. If there is an E4 or lower that wants to chime in Iíd be curious, otherwise I can as one of the kids at work tomorrow to look at their IDís.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:47 PM

Some places will accept A Certified Military Discharge Record as proof of Citizenship. A DD214 under Personal Data #7 "U.S. Citizen" lists two options, one "YES" or the other "NO".
Old 12-08-2017, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Surreal...the shark has long since been jumped.
Everything from complete lack of comprehension of the email sent out, to twisting what it is, to completely irrelevant conversations, and more not so friendly chatter...but mostly redundant questions and answers ad nauseam, most of which were answered in the other thread stickied at the top of this forum that we left open, until it similarly imploded.

Will draft a comprehensive answer to the relevant questions here and it will be closed pending further updates and info as they become available.

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
CMP Chief Operating Officer

Concerning sale price of the 1911, we have been selling M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1903s, .22s, etc for 20+ years and we have never "ripped" anybody off... We are not going to start now with the 1911s... The 1911s will be priced at fair market value just like our M1 Garands.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM
CMP Chief Operating Officer

We will have an all new order form, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send there FFL with customer name attached. The customer will have to send in a complete new order packet with all new qualifying criteria included. Everyone will be a new customer, everyone starts with no advantage or disadvantage. CMP 1911 is a separate entity from CMP and has to have its own record keeping operation with no ties to CMP. All of this makes the audit trail clear and easy for Congress to look at concerning sells of the 1911.