Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2018, 06:02 AM

Default Anyone own the Remington M540XR?

Any opinions of this rifle, accuracy? Just don't hear much about them
Thanks
Old 12-03-2018, 06:24 AM

I coach a local youth shooting program and we have one in our stable of target rifles. It is a good and capable rifle on the same level as a basic entry level Anschutz 64 or dare I say the Kimber 82. It works and does the job but not as refined as the better match rifles like the Anschutz 54, Walther, or FWB.

In the right hands a shooter can achieve expert classification, but not necessarily master class with the Remington.
Old 12-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabjeff View Post
I coach a local youth shooting program and we have one in our stable of target rifles. It is a good and capable rifle on the same level as a basic entry level Anschutz 64 or dare I say the Kimber 82. It works and does the job but not as refined as the better match rifles like the Anschutz 54, Walther, or FWB.

In the right hands a shooter can achieve expert classification, but not necessarily master class with the Remington.
Thank you