Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2021, 07:34 PM

Default Out of stock or out of luck?

Good day so I'm concerned I ordered some rifles around 8 September 2021. After reading I am concerned that I may have missed the boat. I ordered field grades, I'm sure it's still at least 2 months but what happens if all are gone? Seem likely I got in the order soon enough? Thanks
Old 11-30-2021, 07:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

From the Garand sales page....
SOLD OUT
November 3, 2021

We will try to fill orders that are in house already. An email will be sent if order cannot be filled.

Lately they have been offering an upgrade to Service Grade as an option rather than waiting for Field Grades. Doubt you are completly out of luck.......
Old 11-30-2021, 07:46 PM

They’re continually working rifles without knowing how they’ll grade. They could produce a bunch of field grade and fill your order or upgrade to service as mentioned. I’d bet you order will be filled!!
Old 12-02-2021, 09:19 AM

I doubt you’re out of luck, just hang in there. I ordered a field grade back in June, in October I got my DBU and three weeks later was offered an upgrade to a service grade because the field grades were on backorder. However, after this others have posted field grades that they received that were inspected and graded after I was told they were on backorder. In other words, armorers are continually inspecting and grading rifles and existing orders will continue to be filled as rifles are graded. This is how things have gone for service grades since they were listed as sold out in May.

The key for you is to just hang in there until your order comes up for processing. At that point in time you will likely be offered some form of change order if there are no field grades available.