Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Thumbs up Some of what the CMP has done for my family and I!

This opportunity to partner with the CMP is exiting to me because the CMP has done a lot for my family and I! Please feel free to post what the CMP has done for you and your family here!

I have been a customer of the CMP from the days when it was the DCM and had to ration M1 Garands to one per person per lifetime! Way back then my wife and I took a DCM sponsored service rifle training class to qualify for the M1 Garand purchase. Prior to that I was just a plinker but the DCM program introduced me to high power rifle shooting which was much more rewarding than just plinking!

I still have my original M1 Garand that I purchased back then. Here is a recent picture of me with it:

As a direct result of this DCM sponsored event, I raised my daughter with regular outings of long range high power rifle target shooting. At 17 she decided to join the Navy where she qualified as an expert marksman in the pistol (where she picked that up I don't know ) and sharpshooter with the rifle. The reason she was only a sharpshooter with the rifle is because she shot 5 well-placed rounds into the target next to hers! Even with 5 rounds short she still qualified for sharpshooter and helped her fellow sailor earn his expert marksman ribbon to boot!

Here is a web site I put together for her: http://www.empnavy.us/. It is out of date because shortly after being stationed in Guam she was medevac’d to Brooke Army Medical Center for cancer treatment. To make a long story short the military spared no expense in curing her and she has been cancer free for over 4 years now! She has not gone back to active duty since but if she does I will update the web site!

While at Brooke Army Medical Center we met a lot of severely injured warriors. These people are incredible! We also met volunteers with the Wounded Warrior Project and were so impressed with their contributions that I have been donating to them in many ways ever since (including cash contributions and percentages of my eBay sales through MissionFish).

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to serve you with my collecting software and to facilitate the provision of some additional funds to the CMP through your purchases.

Sincerely,

Last edited by nmCollector; 08-06-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 AM

The CMP has made my family broke

They have all my spare funds, savings account, credit card funds, etc.....
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammonje View Post
The CMP has made my family broke

They have all my spare funds, savings account, credit card funds, etc.....
Roger that!