X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capri_Man
    • Dec 2018

2 part Cmp Christmas question.

When a person mail orders a Garand via snail mail does that order go to one of the two cmp store fronts or to a 3rd location?

I understand that the 2 cmp stores are closed from December 22nd to January 2nd for the holidays. But what about the snail mail order location?
  • Orlando
    • Oct 2009

Civilian marksmanship program
    1401 commerce boulevard
    anniston, al 3620
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Comment

• Tester19
      • Oct 2009

Separate address, separate operation for mail orders.

Comment

• Capri_Man
        • Dec 2018

Fairly safe to assume that they are also closed then for the same period of time?

Comment

• majorfa
          • Nov 2009

Mail orders are processed and shipped only from the South Store.

Comment

• Orlando
            • Oct 2009

I believe where rifles are shipped from is not the south store location. Address is different
            "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Comment

• cmp1911admin
              • Apr 2018

Majorfa is correct, rifles are shipped from the South Store, CMP has 5 different locations with in a mile of each other and trys to use one main mailing address.

Comment

• snuffy1a
                • May 2012

My order was sent to Anniston and SHIPPED from the North store. Care to explain this away. The rifle was perfectly fine by the way and mine was not the only one shipped this way.

Comment

• jmm
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by snuffy1a View Post
                  My order was sent to Anniston and SHIPPED from the North store. Care to explain this away. The rifle was perfectly fine by the way and mine was not the only one shipped this way.
                  "explain this away"? What does that mean?
                  This is not unheard of. Sometimes inventory at the North Store is greater than needed, and they ship mail orders from there. Happens with rifles and other items like ammunition and targets.
                  Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are God given rights, not government granted rights.

Comment

• steelap
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by snuffy1a View Post
                    Originally posted by jmm View Post
                    "explain this away"? What does that mean?
                    This is not unheard of. Sometimes inventory at the North Store is greater than needed, and they ship mail orders from there. Happens with rifles and other items like ammunition and targets.
                    Dear Snuffy,

Believe it or not, the CMP is a large operation whose very secondary goal is to supply firearms and associated items to customers in a responsive manner.

Mail orders have priority over Store sales. What that means is, if the CMP is back-ordered to the extent that they cannot foresee filling your order in a timely manner, they will have the rifle sent to you from one of the Stores. I realize that this agility in meeting customers' expectations may be difficult to understand for some people.

Store inventory (both South and North Stores) has been in the past stripped from the Stores for mail order shipping in the entirety. This has happened when the CMP inventory manager does not see availability of scarce items (Winchesters, correct rifles, etc) for some time. In that case the entirety of the stock of the scarce item is taken from the Store and reserved for mail order.

The opposite is the case, sometimes, for very limited release firearms. If the CMP has only a few of an item, and knows mail order will greatly overwhelm the inventory, those few items are sent to the two Stores for sale.

I hope this helps. I apologize for the length but felt it was better to try to fully explain rather than again have some ambiguity in your mind.

Happy Christmas.

"Life is Good!"

Comment

• cmp1911admin
                      • Apr 2018

Sure John, 99% of all orders are processed and shipped from the South Store, every once in awhile an order comes in that is currently out of stock at the South Store but the North Store or TMP Store will have it. If at North than North will ship if at TMP it will be transfered to South Store and shipped. If a rifle is purchased at the TMP, and is being shipped, it goes to the South Store for shipping. They do not ship from TMP and rarely ship from the North. What I don't understand is what difference does it make as long as the person receives their rifle where it came from????
                      Last edited by cmp1911admin; 12-25-2018, 02:03 PM. Reason: added

Comment

• Capri_Man
                        • Dec 2018

Well since I started this mess, let me just add that some wonderful soul at the cmp was working today as I got an email confirmation that my m1 just shipped out of Birmingham, AL.

It means a lot for me to get this before WA law changes at the 1st of the year.

Comment

• steelap
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Capri_Man View Post
                          Well since I started this mess, let me just add that some wonderful soul at the cmp was working today as I got an email confirmation that my m1 just shipped out of Birmingham, AL.

It means a lot for me to get this before WA law changes at the 1st of the year.
                          Good for you!

Comment

• SirWilliam
                            • Mar 2018

+1 got confirmation email yesterday that my rifle order is in queue for processing. Always nice to start the new year with a full 8 rifle eligibility; you never know whats in store for the future

Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X