Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2017, 07:28 AM

One of the major reasons I am attending the New England Games at the end of SEP are these targets.

You should see the schedule....They are planning at least 8 relays of the 200 yard games, and they are NOT separated by Mod Mil/Garand/Vintage/Springfield. Just a generic 30 round match at 200y.

I guess they are going to give you the full 80 seconds for rapid, and shoot whatever you want during each relay. I assume that you will be issued different colored score sheets for each 'match' and mark the relay you shot each of them in.

8 relays per day for three days. No pit duty. Each relay (2 shooters) is slotted 1.5 hours each. There was mention of going to 10 relays, if they need. I also assume that there will be only ~ten firing points, hence the need for so many relays.

This KTS seems beyond incredible. If scaled out to just 100 firing points on Viale, the CMP Games portion of the National Matches could be shot, in like, an afternoon.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:22 AM

Default 2018 Schedule

I am personally glad they changed the M1A Match to Sunday or any other day next year because I wanted to shoot my As-Issued M1 and Unlimited M1 this year but had to leave one at home to shoot the M1A Match.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:59 PM

CMP has been taking 20 to 25 electronic targets to the travel games. Can't recall last year but seems there were 20 at Vermont...possibly more this year. Good Shooting. ..
Old 11-08-2017, 11:45 PM

That schedule is going to hurt Garand Match and M1a match attendance. Dumb change.
If I go again in 18 I'm not going to stick around 3 more days after rattle battle to shoot them and prob a lot of those who shot the previous week won't either.