Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2017, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Default Registration is Open for CMP’s 2017 Talladega 600 Marksmanship Event

Registration is Open for CMP’s 2017 Talladega 600 Marksmanship Event - TALLADEGA, Ala. – The Civilian Marksmanship Program’s (CMP) Talladega 600, a marksmanship retreat, is set to begin Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017, and ends Sunday, Dec. 10, at CMP’s own Talladega Marksmanship Park. Known as “A Southern Classic,” matches to be fired at the Talladega 600 will include a mix of rifle, pistol and shotgun opportunities that will surely provide a little something for enthusiasts of all ages and disciplines. Even if you’ve never competed before, we guarantee we have something for you. Read the complete article at http://thecmp.org/registration-open-...manship-event/.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:26 AM

Suggestion that may increase attendance: M14/M1A/M1 Match should be the Camp Perry Springfield M1A course of fire(i.e. 5 sighters, 20 slow prone, 10 rapid prone, 10 rapid sitting, 10 standing, all at 300yrds). Also, have this match at least once a quarter at Talladega, practice for Camp Perry.
EIC Points: 20
Old 11-07-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_D View Post
Suggestion that may increase attendance: M14/M1A/M1 Match should be the Camp Perry Springfield M1A course of fire(i.e. 5 sighters, 20 slow prone, 10 rapid prone, 10 rapid sitting, 10 standing, all at 300yrds). Also, have this match at least once a quarter at Talladega, practice for Camp Perry.
I agree with Greg D. I think the M14 match should mirror the Perry COF. I personally know some shooters that have decided to not shoot the m14 match at the T-600 for this reason.

Another issue that has come up is the pricing for the Garand matches being 50 dollars. I have emailed CMP twice asking why the Garand match is more than the HP matches. I got no response.
EIC match 20.00
Dixie Doubles 25.00
4-man Team Match 10.00
Congressional 30 Match 35.00

ONE GARAND MATCH 50.00

While I can afford to shoot all of these matches, there are some folks that can't afford it. There was a time that I couldn't afford it so know the feeling. I know of 2 shooters who are relatively new to the wood guns and competition that wanted to shoot the match. It was all they could do to purchase the Garand/ammo itself so they won't be able to.

I'm sure there is a reason for the difference in pricing but I don't know what it is. I have expressed my concerns, and they weren't responded to. I will shoot the black gun matches but have decided to NOT shoot the wood guns this time.

Before there are any sarcastic replies like "would you feel better if CMP charged more for the HP matches so the prices are closer together". Save it, you have missed the point....

No ill feelings toward my CMP friends. I hope the weather is great, the GSM matches run smoothly, and turnout is good. But I won't be there.

Respectfully,
Keith Schachle
Old 11-13-2017, 09:39 PM

ADMIN please respond. For competitors who check-in on Tuesday, will Range 1 be open to confirm zeros(i.e. after the SAFS match)?
EIC Points: 20
Old 11-14-2017, 07:55 AM

Default Why no Modern Military on Dec 8

I saw that the Match on Dec 8 does not include Modern Military, but both the AM and PM match on Dec 9th allow the use of Modern Military rifles. Was the Match on the 8th just overlooked or is their a reason to not include Modern Military rifles on the 8th. Thanks for any information, Bruce J.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:51 PM

Default Modern Mil is included

I just saw that Modern Military and Vintage rifle are included in the events on both Friday and Sat. Bruce J.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Greg, Range 1 will be open after SAFS is complete. Range fees will be 1/2 price for Talladega 600 competitors.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADMIN View Post
Greg, Range 1 will be open after SAFS is complete. Range fees will be 1/2 price for Talladega 600 competitors.
That's good. I'm sure many competitors will take advantage of that to tighten up for the EIC!

Keith Schachle