Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 PM

Default >30-06 Ammo

Samco is advertising (12/1 Shotgun News) Iranian mfg .30-06, N/C Berdan, not cheap. 1968 production should be Garand friendly. Don't know if I would trust it but worth knowing about.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 PM

I trust nothing from that side of the world
Only Iranian thing I would shoot would be an Iranian

Oh, and to clarify, I spent my entire tour intercepting weapons shipments and fighting personnel that was defiantly trained by Iranian military. I wouldnt touch a thing from that country, even if it was before their "revolution". Sorry.

Last edited by Evil Caesar; 12-03-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:15 PM

I hope all of it sits in the Samco warehouse forever!! Can't figure out how anything from Iran got imported into the US!!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 PM

I wouldn't buy iranian ammo in solid gold casings for .02 cents a round if it were delivered in person by 27 naked iranian virgins. Samco can stuff it!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IditarodJoe View Post
I wouldn't buy iranian ammo in solid gold casings for .02 cents a round if it were delivered in person by 27 naked iranian virgins. Samco can stuff it!
Agreed!!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:54 AM

I've never had any ammunition manufactured anywhere incountry from Egypt to India and points between that was not mostly duds and click bangs.The best of it was Turkish and it wasn't anything to write home about.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:11 AM

My experience with Iranians is that they are intelligent and industrious people. More than likely they made those rounds to protect themselves from Saddam. I would think those rounds go "bang" very consistently. But if they are "not cheap", I'm not interested. Now if they return those IHC Garands, I'm real interested.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 AM

Years ago I got a "deal" on some 7.5 French made in Irag. It was great to help you see if you were flinching. Some went bang right away, some didn't and some sort of sizzled and cooked and then went bang. Only good thing that comes from that part of the world is crude oil. If we had not brought a bunch of those people over here and sent them to Harvard and Yale we'd still be getting the stuff for 4 bucks a barrel.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedTerrain40 View Post
I had an Iranian roommate who was working on his PhD here in the states. He was a bit lazy but an OK guy. He was a former Iranian Army officer. He did not like the fanatical Iranian regime over there and would trash talk them all the time to me, he was angry about the fundamentalist muslim government that runs Iran.

Not all Iranians are like you see on TV. They are under severe oppression over there. The centralized government and their secret police run Iran, not the Iranian people. IMO, Iran needs help more than their butts kicked. They could use some CIA help in getting rid of their government. None of those countries are perfect, but Iran used to be one of our friends in the mid east, like Turkey is now.

Also, most Iranians are not Arabs. Most are Persians and many are not even Muslim.

Eric
Eric, just when I'm sure you are a bat-sheet loony-tuned aluminum-foil-hat wearing crazy person, you "pen" an informed and reasonable post like above.

Is this you on, or off, your meds?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IditarodJoe View Post
I'd take the 27 virgins (why isn't it 72??) for a harem though....