Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2010, 01:17 PM

Default Cust. Service fubar

my turn in the barrel...emailed customer service 3 times about an issue...all came back unable to deliver..ok..get the phone..call cust service..."you are number 11..ok..i'll wait..10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-......THEN I get this loud scratchy series of $%#!@## Christmas carols...ok..they are playing with me..I hold...8 minutes later..I get..welcome to customer service..you are number 13....
Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM

I am beginning to get the impression that CMP is less than desireable to do business with.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldloader View Post
i am beginning to get the impression that cmp is less than desireable to do business with.
why?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldloader View Post
I am beginning to get the impression that CMP is less than desireable to do business with.

...and in this regard you would be dead wrong, the large majority of businesses could take a lesson from the CMP. You would be hard pressed to find a group of folks that work as hard as they do to keep us all happy. All in all they are one of the finest outfits I've ever dealt with. Just my own opinion based on practical experience and your mileage may vary, but that said, I don't think you will have to look very far for folks with the exact same opinion and experience.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
...and in this regard you would be dead wrong, the large majority of businesses could take a lesson from the CMP. You would be hard pressed to find a group of folks that work as hard as they do to keep us all happy. All in all they are one of the finest outfits I've ever dealt with. Just my own opinion based on practical experience and your mileage may vary, but that said, I don't think you will have to look very far for folks with the exact same opinion and experience.
I've been frustrated at times, but never unhappy. Except when I waited on the first round of AP, and got shut out. It was my fault, for not pulling the trigger quick enough.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:07 PM

Peace & Quiet
Slaves don't dream of being free. They dream of being masters. ~ August Stetten
Old 12-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Great people, outdated equipment.

There are 2 posters currently on my "blissful persons" list.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
Great people, outdated equipment.
+1. I've had nothing but the greatest experience with CMP customer service and the armorers especially. When my HRA Service Grade Garand came I was in shock what an excellent rifle I received. I couldn't be more happy. Perfect correct stock with excellent markings....1 problem.

FEDEX trashed the rifle around and busted the rear sight apeture. CMP customer service gave me the number to one of there armorers and he hand selected me a a complete rear sight assembly (HRA) and shipped me not only the apeture, but the entire assembly without me even having to send in my rifle. I was able to speak with him whenever I called to give me advice on installing it.

My experience with CMP has been great!!!! All I can say "bad" about them is that I cannot believe a modern organization such as CMP can be so behind the times when it comes to there software/equipment....even the forum options are limited compared to others. The E-store is a joke. The amounts of crashes the forum/estore/everything is really unacceptable.

Besides that....I love CMP and will gladly put up with outdated "means of doing business" for as long as they still have products I want.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM

If someone is THAT unhappy with dealing with the CMP I guess they could go buy what they're looking for at a commercial establishment. Oh, they don't have the items the CMP is offering or not at the price the CMP is offering, you say? Hmmm...Guess the CMP is holding all the cards.

The CMP has provided me with the opportunity to purchase two Remington 40X rifles at prices that border on the insane. They could make me hold for days while beating me with socks filled with cow dung and I'd thank them and send them cookies.

I was ready to drive from Cleveland OH to Anniston AL just for the chance to buy my USMC 40X.
The expressions of ingratitude I've read on these forums recently are absolutely breath-taking. Shame, shame, shame.
The CMP isn't a normal store. In fact there's hardly anything like it in the whole wide world. Get some perspective people!
Slaves don't dream of being free. They dream of being masters. ~ August Stetten
Old 12-03-2010, 04:09 PM

Oh I've always been treated well by customer service..imagine maybe their email is swamped..as well as phones....just seemed like a comedy of errors and it was my turn..I got no complaints with them...frustration vent