Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2019, 12:52 PM

I guess that's one thing I didn't think of was ammunition.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeeby View Post
I use Core Vens and have for 5 years

https://www.corevensguninsurance.com/
I'll take a look at Core Vens. Any other suggestions besides Eastern? I was set to go with them, then found out in Florida they have a $5,000 deductible if wind/hail storm related and flood coverage excluded I currently have NRA ArmsCare that doesn't have those exclusions but is alot more expensive.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:16 PM

I'll stick with Eastern, I dealt with John for years until he passed. I got my tip from a gun store owner who uses them for a few million in insurance and he has never had any issues, including problems from a break in.

I had the NRA's insurance product for a year, it was 3 times as expensive, lousy customer service and that made me doubt they will pay a claim anyway. My father was a life member for thirty years, the NRA had/has a complimentary $10K life insurance for life members, he had paperwork. When he died, I called them and they promptly hung up, first time and every time after that, never responded to an email or anything.

If you have $1,500 in guns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go with the good safe option. You can insure $100,000 in guns, ammo and equipment for less than a used police turn-in Glock.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegunman View Post

If you have $1,500 in guns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go with the good safe option. You can insure $100,000 in guns, ammo and equipment for less than a used police turn-in Glock.
Ha, explaining money in a way gun collectors will understand.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:21 AM

Genuinely so. The good safe advice in lieu of insurance is absurd, even without considering ammo.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:50 AM

I wonder what they cover in relation to ammo in event of a loss. What you paid, or what the value is now.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:21 AM

From experience, I'd recommend checking around instead of using Collectibles Insurance or Global Indemnity. The feel is very much slip-shot, fly-by-night. Billing and underwriting don't communicate well and you'll get canceled even if you pay in full WELL ahead of cancellation. Try to talk to them on the phone and there is a delay issue when talking to them, so they aren't putting the profits into quality phone system.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:01 PM

Default Fly-by-night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
From experience, I'd recommend checking around instead of using Collectibles Insurance or Global Indemnity. The feel is very much slip-shot, fly-by-night. Billing and underwriting don't communicate well and you'll get canceled even if you pay in full WELL ahead of cancellation. Try to talk to them on the phone and there is a delay issue when talking to them, so they aren't putting the profits into quality phone system.
Good Day,
I've been a client of Eastern Insurance (aka Collectibles) for just shy of 20 years. I've never experienced the issues you are alluding to and had good communication with them. I would not consider them fly-by-night, much less slip-shot.
Mike
Old 06-21-2019, 02:10 AM

1. Recently changed to Eastern, costs less than State Farm and I didn't have to enumerate items. Eastern has $250 deductible, State Farm was zero deductible. So far, working with Eastern has been smooth.

2. Had a claim for loss in 1986 with State Farm, that was against my regular homeowner policy and before I had a personal articles policy for firearms. They paid out no problem, two guns stolen were simply part of my household goods. There was a deductible applied against the entire loss (tools, etc.)

When I moved to my present state of residence, I also took up with State Farm and that was in 1987. I went over 30 years without a claim of any kind or amount. You are only remembered for your last bad deed. We were unlucky to have had two water damage claims within a little over a year. State Farm has said they will not renew my policy in August, so I'm arranging for a new carrier. Oh, and although I was told I could keep my car insurance and my articles policy with them, I won't be doing that. But I get it, it's just business. Hence my change to Eastern and it's just as well. We're better off not getting too comfortable with business arrangements; they sometimes get stale anyway.

Last edited by gmerkt; 06-21-2019 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:38 PM

Eastern also insures optics, magazines, and firearm accessories. I asked before I purchased my policy because I have an expensive thermal scope.