Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightRN View Post
Good Day,
I've been a client of Eastern Insurance (aka Collectibles) for just shy of 20 years. I've never experienced the issues you are alluding to and had good communication with them. I would not consider them fly-by-night, much less slip-shot.
Mike
I tried Collectibles (located in PA) at the advice of some posts here. It was a mistake. Because I reupped in Jan and didn't even remember doing it. In June they sent a notice I hadn't paid and would be cancelled soon. I called the next day and struggled with the phone system they use as we talked over each other or waited for each other to speak. I made a full pay off on the call which was the 10th. On the 19th they cancelled my policy for non-payment. I had to call AGAIN and struggle with their phone system AGAIN. Billing didn't notify them of my payment. They sent an email that since I made a payment now that I was again in good standing. However, they said I paid 150 less than I was charged, but had paid in full. So I requested someone call me and let me know how much I was supposed to pay and would like my 150 back if not needed. Someone called and we had no phone issues but said he would call back to let me know how much was the correct amount when he tracked down what had happened. He didn't call back.

The same day I called Eastern and spoke with Laura (located in MA, not PA). No phone issues. Pleasant discussion. So I opened their home page to email her about filling out the app, but one look at the imagery on their home page told me Eastern isn't the company for my money.

Maybe Cor-Vens.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmetal View Post
I'll take a look at Core Vens. Any other suggestions besides Eastern? I was set to go with them, then found out in Florida they have a $5,000 deductible if wind/hail storm related and flood coverage excluded I currently have NRA ArmsCare that doesn't have those exclusions but is alot more expensive.

I went with Eastern about 2 years ago. I also had NRA ArmsCare but Eastern seemed the better deal for me even with the Florida deductible. Also you can not get the NRA deduction in Florida.