Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2019, 06:00 PM

Default Ruling question - Shooting Coats (Short sleeve?)

As I read the latest rules, the restrictions on shooting coats only include stiffening material. Is there any issue with cutting (1) sleeve to a short sleeve length?
Old 09-12-2019, 05:59 AM
Administrator

I would recommend directing your question to our Competitions staff - competitions@thecmp.org and they will be able to answer your Rules question.
Thanks,
Christine
Old 09-27-2019, 04:35 PM

The answer was affirmative. Cut away. So in case anyone was wondering, I am not running around in a shooting coat wife beater. I cut the right sleeve just above my elbow. The only thing I really "removed" that was built into it was the elbow pad on the right side. Not a great loss in my opinion, but the coat is much cooler.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:16 AM

I'd feel lopsided. Like walking around with one shoe on and one shoe off. I'd probably fall over forward in standing being so off balance.