Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2018, 03:57 PM

There are still several GWLA receivers available. If you need something to put those CMP M14 parts kits together on these are perfect.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:43 PM

Thanks Ted,
Mine arrived with no breakage during shipping.

RVN 67-68
Old 08-12-2018, 04:31 AM

After seeing the Cross on the right leg in other's photo, the Christian in me came out in support of a cause.

God Bless
RVN 67-68
Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
After seeing the Cross on the right leg in other's photo, the Christian in me came out in support of a cause.

God Bless
Cause? Saw the thread over on the m14forum---- Looks more like a vendetta against GWLA or some sort of game playing.

https://m14forum.com/gunsmithing/467...xperience.html
Old 08-13-2018, 01:41 PM

Every receiver that has been produced has, at one time or another, been found to be lacking in some buyers mind. The fact is that most companies try their best to produce excellent receivers. Some are better than others, but most are fine. Accurate, dependable rifles have been built on all of them. Well, I can think of a couple of them that didn't do so good... Of the five companies that have been making receivers over the last few years all have been very good and most problems have been more the fault of the builders than the products.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
Cause? Saw the thread over on the m14forum---- Looks more like a vendetta against GWLA or some sort of game playing.

https://m14forum.com/gunsmithing/467...xperience.html
Ted's opinion I would trust.

Still waiting on those "ghost" experts to chime in that had so many things to say about the GWLA receiver in private. Starting to think they don't exist.

Maybe they signed non-disclosure agreements?
Old 08-14-2018, 11:31 AM

There a several things I find wrong with all this silliness.

First, some of the same people that always say that if there is a problem with a product, you should take it up with whomever you bought it from before airing your complaints online, yet they are okay with doing it.

Second, if there really was a problem, why wouldn't someone return the product to the seller for a full refund?

Third, I wouldn't believe anyone that merely said a G.I. bolt could not be installed in one of these receivers unless it was done by a disinterested third party on video, and posted for all to see....after the seller was shown the video and had an opportunity to make it right of course.

Fourth, there are those out there that would try to make us believe that a man like Ted Brown, a man that has spent most of his entire life doing this for a living, civilian and military, and a man with a stellar reputation and track record, would actually lie to us all when he stated how good these receivers are.

Fifth, that such a man like Ted would actually sell a receiver that wouldn't accept a bolt !
Many of the TRW replacement bolts that are out there today, have longer locking lugs on them than the original drawings call for. The military thought there might be some receiver stretch after lots of use, and the larger replacement bolts would tighten up headspace.

if that is the case, what really confounds and confuses me, is that someone could write that they couldn't get a g.i. bolt in the receiver, so they took a Bula bolt that is 4 thousandths OVER !... and that fit fine. WTH? Someone please explain that one to me? I guess they will pass it off as meaning to write that it was 4 over in headspace, meaning shorter lugs on the bolt. Yeah right.

Sixth, and lastly, that anyone could worry enough about it to post on this thread that their "8620 Drop Hammer Forged Receiver" didn't break during shipping!....as if they are so fragile that one needs to worry about this manufacturer's products. Nice try to degrade someone, but people out there are smarter than most others realize. They can see through the smoke and mirrors.

Just so the uninformed folks out there know, I have built the majority of all these receivers that were ever produced and have ever been sold to date. I have yet to see one that will not accept a g.i. bolt, a g.i. barrel and time perfectly, and headspace with a proper g.i. chrome lined barrel. I cannot say that about any other receiver out there today with any certainty.

I don't work for Ted or Shooters Den and I don't get paid by any other entity. Matter of fact, I have serious bones to pick with the previous owner of these receivers over past dealings, but I cannot say anything bad about the product because I can't prove there is anything wrong with them.

I welcome any evidence to the contrary, if it exist. That way, I can make changes to my receivers before they are finished and make sure everyone is happy, even the naysayers.

What is really funny is that people are always posting about their barrels timing at 30 degrees or more on other receivers, and they just crank them down and over torque them or have to turn the barrel shoulders back. Finally a receiver is made with proper thread timing and proper dimensions for g.i. chrome lined barrels to work as designed originally, and all we hear is complaints. Hilarious.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:19 PM

I would like to state that I see nothing wrong with Ted selling receivers from a manufacturer that went out of business at all.
I bought one for my collection just to have one while they are still available.
Never expected it to be anything more than it is and nothing less.
I do resent the previous posters negativity and trying to create and illusion of an attack on Mr Brown. It could be nothing further from the truth.
The comment about it arriving unbroken was a joke that anyone could easily see.
Why attempt to derail Ted's thread?
RVN 67-68
Old 08-14-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 View Post
"Many of the TRW replacement bolts that are out there today, have longer locking lugs on them than the original drawings call for. The military thought there might be some receiver stretch after lots of use, and the larger replacement bolts would tighten up headspace."

if that is the case, what really confounds and confuses me, is that someone could write that they couldn't get a g.i. bolt in the receiver, so they took a Bula bolt that is 4 thousandths OVER !... and that fit fine. WTH? Someone please explain that one to me? I guess they will pass it off as meaning to write that it was 4 over in headspace, meaning shorter lugs on the bolt. Yeah right.

Sounds like nf1e learned something new......"
I opened up a few more bolts and found a TRW ZJ that drops in fine.
The other TRWs I was trying were all TRW ZK and they are hanging up on the area in front of the left lug where the lug rests in battery.
Looks like the TRW bolts lugs are longer on one lot than another who would a thunk."

#66 https://m14forum.com/gunsmithing/467...erience-5.html

Even the "Old Dogs" learn new tricks.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:27 PM

Read on to post #68. It gets even better.
RVN 67-68