Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2019, 12:42 PM

NY prohibits folding or collapsible stocks.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:54 PM

Many shooters are running A2 stocks on scoped SRs with no issues.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:34 AM

I have been shooting an A1 stock for years. Fits me fine (I am 6', 225 pounds) and its small enough that juniors and chicks can shoot my rifle. All my family are from NY. I was born on the Island. We all moved away as soon as practical and all are much happier. Great article in Wall Street Journal about how NY government screwed themselves out of a high dollar Amazon headquarters.

Last edited by Zut; 02-19-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:55 PM

You can use an A2 fixed stock with a scope. It's not a big deal. I do it with a Leupold Mark AR and a cantilever mount to place the scope forward enough. You'll be fine.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:59 AM

My recommendation would be to move far away from that aweful state but I know things like family and jobs keep people around. I shoot an A1 length stock. The 3/4" less LOP really helps in offhand. I also recomend an A1 grip, I personally hate that little bump on the A2 grip.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:18 PM

I went with a Leupold Mark AR MOD 1 1.5-4 with the SPR-G reticle. I have it mounted with a Freedom Reaper cantilever scope mount. I also picked up a Holub Machine and Repair Ocular Buddy for the scope to help with alignment. I haven't put any rounds downrange yet, but I've been dry firing with the setup in all three positions, and it seems like it'll work well. If I need to adjust things beyond adjusting the scope position, I'll keep the A1 length stock option in mind. Thanks all! Good shooting!
Old 03-18-2019, 09:40 AM

GarandThumb21 - My nose-to-charging handle gage is the same as yours and I use a fixed A2 stock with a scope. I use the Weaver base mount and Weaver rings to give me the greatest adjustability. I like it because I can move the base mount on the receiver for maximum support, but also adjust the rings for best position to support the scope between the turrets and on the mount.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:26 AM

This is the hottest scope right now on the US rifle teams forum. Its starting to ship now:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/22...-reticle-matte

There are many mount options over a large range of prices on WOA website. Any of them are top notch.
https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/sho...le-optics.html

A2 or A1 fixed stock, either of which will work with your rifle buffer tube.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:07 PM

I'm short (5'7") and shoot nose to charging handle using an A1 stock (all you need is the stock, and screw, the lower swivel and screw should already be on the stock)

I built a scope gun and tried the cantilever mount, or sled mount as some call it, and did not like it, (too used to having the nose on the charging handle, and could not get the scope right with the cantilever mount)

I ended up ditching the mount, and using 2 warne rings, doubled up putting the scope on the front of the upper (I still have an old school float tube and A2 handguards)

works like a charm
Old 03-28-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyman View Post
I built a scope gun and tried the cantilever mount, or sled mount as some call it, and did not like it, (too used to having the nose on the charging handle, and could not get the scope right with the cantilever mount)

Sounds like you got a 1.5 or 2 inch cantilever. I think 2.5 to 3 inch is minimum for NTCH.
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara