Old 10-20-2019, 05:27 PM

Default In case you cant wait.....

https://taskandpurpose.com/colt-m1911-black-army-pistol

Not too bad of a price for a colt....
Old 10-20-2019, 06:33 PM

Those replicas were also sold a few years ago as the Colt Model O1918

https://rangehot.com/colt-model-0191...rse-revisited/
Old 10-20-2019, 06:40 PM

I'll stick with my reworked black army but I saw a few people posting about cracking/shooting concerns so it may be an option for someone wanting early features.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:11 PM

Looks like they only made 750 of them. That's a huge bummer. Cimmaron for me!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:59 PM

I wonder if these are already out or coming out.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:41 PM

There's one on Gunbroker.com right now with a Buy It Now of $999.95.

I'm not sure of the rationale for spending that much on one of those Colts. If you want a piece of history, get a real USGI pistol, from the CMP or elsewhere.

If you want a 1911 shooter, get a modern one that will have better sights, probably a better trigger, a nice beavertail, a flared magazine well, a lowered ejection port, ambidextrous safety, match barrel, front slide serrations, etc. from one of the many manufacturers that offer them. You can even get a Colt Competition Model like mine below for less than $999.

If for some reason you want a USGI-style shooter that has tiny, hard to see USGI-style sights, plain looks, no lowered ejection port or flared magwell, small beavertail, etc. there are several USGI clones made by Springfield Armory, Auto Ordnance, Armscor, TISAS, etc. for a fraction of the price of the Colt. You can even get a Colt 1911 Classic for less than $999.

So again, if you want a real USGI 1911-type, get the real thing.

If you want a USGI-style shooter with modern metallurgy get a clone for a reasonable price.

If you want a good shooter 1911 with all of the improvements to the 1911 design that have been made during the past 100+ years, get a modern one.

Last edited by Milsurp Collector; 10-20-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp Collector View Post
There's one on Gunbroker.com right now with a Buy It Now of $999.95.

I'm not sure of the rationale for spending that much on one of those Colts. If you want a piece of history, get a real USGI pistol, from the CMP or elsewhere.

If you want a 1911 shooter, get a modern one that will have better sights, probably a better trigger, a nice beavertail, a flared magazine well, a lowered ejection port, ambidextrous safety, match barrel, front slide serrations, etc. from one of the many manufacturers that offer them. You can even get a Colt Competition Model like mine below for less than $999.

If for some reason you want a USGI-style shooter that has tiny, hard to see USGI-style sights, plain looks, no lowered ejection port or flared magwell, small beavertail, etc. there are several USGI clones made by Springfield Armory, Auto Ordnance, Armscor, TISAS, etc. for a fraction of the price of the Colt. You can even get a Colt 1911 Classic for less than $999.

So again, if you want a real USGI 1911-type, get the real thing.

If you want a USGI-style shooter with modern metallurgy get a clone for a reasonable price.

If you want a good shooter 1911 with all of the improvements to the 1911 design that have been made during the past 100+ years, get a modern one.
Killjoy!

Actually, I agree with all your points. While waiting for my CMP 1911 I purchased a semi-mixmaster from Shawn Hogue, here on the Forums. Fed my urge.

The only pluses to this that I see, and I think that they are real ones, are the Colt name and rollmarks, and the U.S. build. While I would not spend the extra money for these versus a RIA clone, I can understand why others would.

750 made by Colt sounds like good business sense - a trial run for what is probably a small market.I

"Life is Good!"
Old 10-21-2019, 08:39 AM

Yeah I saw that one but it has no actual pictures that I saw.

The previous reissue lineup has really gone up in value. I assume these would as well.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 AM

I get that it makes smart business sense but I am not interested in one at the same or greater value than an original, and after these sell their value will rise.