Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason60chev View Post
"They" are the CMP.........in my post, you will see that I asked specifically about eligibility for the "Modern Military Rifle" match only.

March 29, 2018
Michelle Woods (mwoods@thecmp.org)
To:you Details
Sorry this took so long to get back to you. The BM59 is legal to use in the Modern Military Match.

Thanks,

Michelle Woods

Thanks for your continued support of the CMP.

Customer Service/Program Support

mwoods@thecmp.org

419 635-2141 ext.722

Fantastic!

I am going have to try my BM59 then too . It's a great rifle.

All the best.

John
Old 02-27-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam S. Jones View Post
Thank you.

The trigger was way light (hovering around 2 lbs). I replaced the spring and it is now just under 4.
Adam,
If you're a center mass holder, I recommend getting a bill bentz front sight blade. Its a reproduction of the original USMC sight blade. Its .100 thick and is angled backwards to reduce glare. They are kinda expensive but in my opinion a game changer

-Mike from the buckeye blossom
Old 03-01-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78jeep View Post
yes, make sure you have a high number rifle. it must be 810,000 and above to compete. also no obvious signs that it was a drill rifle.
You are now allowed to use a "re-activated" drill rifle. I have been using my
M1903 A3 (former drill rifle) for 3 years in GSM Matches, most recently at Talladega in January, 2021.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebes405 View Post
Adam,
If you're a center mass holder, I recommend getting a bill bentz front sight blade. Its a reproduction of the original USMC sight blade. Its .100 thick and is angled backwards to reduce glare. They are kinda expensive but in my opinion a game changer

+1 on that. I use his sight, and have shot several Bronze, and 1 Silver score.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Adam,

Does the rear sight "U" have to be modified to use the wider USMC blade?

Anyone making reproduction PJ O'Hare 1903 rear sight micrometers?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfed View Post

Thanks
I use the wide blade on my 03A3. I would recommend using the aperture for target shooting with the `03, not the battle sight. You wouldn't need any modifications to the either rear sight if you change the front blade.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:14 AM

A company called Ray - Vin used to make a good copy of the PJ O'Hare micrometer, but I don't think they are around anymore. I have two originals and I used to have one made by a different maker. If the PJs are priced too high, perhaps seeking one of the "off brands" might be more cost effect. They do they same thing.

Quote:

Thanks
Old 03-03-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
I use the wide blade on my 03A3. I would recommend using the aperture for target shooting with the `03, not the battle sight. You wouldn't need any modifications to the either rear sight if you change the front blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason60chev View Post
A company called Ray - Vin used to make a good copy of the PJ O'Hare micrometer, but I don't think they are around anymore. I have two originals and I used to have one made by a different maker. If the PJs are priced too high, perhaps seeking one of the "off brands" might be more cost effect. They do they same thing.

Thanks, guys.

I've heard of the Ray Vin sight micrometer, but do not believe they are being made anymore. The originals are extremely hard to find, and I'm not familiar with any other "off brands".
Old 03-04-2021, 03:20 AM

Here is a PJ O'Hare, for about as good a price, as you will find...https://www.ebay.com/itm/P-J-OHARE-M...0AAOSw4cdgNo2C

May have been mistaken about other brands. I know I have seen other styles, than the most familiar one. Here is an earlier style PJ O'Hare, Available: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-The...IAAOSwALxgPYca

Here is one that you can make an offer on: https://www.ebay.com/itm/P-J-OHare-1...AAAOSwCWRgLUKm

And here is another of the different style: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PJ-O-Hare-1...sAAOSw-npgPSQw

Hey! Here is another available. They can be found. If you want one, don't wait for prices to come down: https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101535900

Quote:
Thanks, guys.

I've heard of the Ray Vin sight micrometer, but do not believe they are being made anymore. The originals are extremely hard to find, and I'm not familiar with any other "off brands".

Last edited by jason60chev; 03-04-2021 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks, guys.

One for sale here, your lucky day
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=278029