Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2021, 07:53 AM

Default Pedersen Device on other rifles

There are photos around of the Pedersen Device for the US Enfield Model 1917 rifle, but the really rare Pedersen Device is for the Remington Mosin Nagant 1891 rifle. The magazine is inserted on the left side
Old 01-09-2021, 10:12 AM

BTW, how many real pederson devices are out there in the public domain? As I recall they're "rare" not non-existant.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:53 AM

My buddy bought one at a Gun show years back. He got buyers remorse and backed out of the deal. I recall it was a $20,000.00 deal. I was with him and told him to stay the course, he didn't.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:12 PM

I’ve only seen two or three Pedersen devices and it was a few years ago, from what I remember this one looks fubar.

My Feedback thread

Looking for SA M1 2417731 - its out there, the CMP sold it in 2012!
Old 01-09-2021, 05:59 PM

Default Remington Mosin Nagant with Pedersen Device

I found a photo that I had showing William B. Edwards firing a Remington Mosin Nagant rifle with the Pedersen Device installed. Edwards was doing an article on the Pedersen Device which was published in the late 1960's
Old 01-10-2021, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
It is a shame more of these didnít survive as I would love to even see one in operation.

One item I wish I had the tools still to try to make a reproduction of as well. A lathe, a mill and a furnace and it seems like something a person with skill and time could reproduce.
Mark Novak on YouTube repaired/restored one in a video of his. One of the main springs had been screwed up and he had to make a new one. Basically, the design and construction was very tight with little room for error in tolerances.

Anyone making a repro would run into the same problems. It would be almost as costly as a real one, or it would have to be redesigned to overcome the problems with the original design. That is not a cheap option either.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:52 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Itís likely a case where it would be easier to design something modern that used Peterson magazines. Imagine a modern Glock type striker action. You could make it outwardly look like a Peterson and it would operate basically the same but the heck with trying to redo 1910s and 20ís processes.

Of course then it would be a repro, but close enough for reinactors of for general enthusiasts. The fire control setup for a semiautomatic Sten is pretty simple too. This is the kind of stuff that would get me in hot water with my wife though if I were to jump into it but there is no reason this has to be that difficult.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:40 AM

All of them were marked with manufacture and serial number. Original were not held together with screws. So many read flags with this itís not even funny.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:46 PM

I think the interesting thing is FrankD had one from Brophy's collection. I somehow missed that the first time
I

John Adams
Old 01-11-2021, 03:31 PM

If I look around, I probably still have a box of ammunition for it along with a picture of me firing it.