Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedwindshield View Post
Until you figure in 2 kids yourself and 3 matches a piece you can talk yourself out of it fairly quickly. Last two years I kick myself weeks later for not paying the $ for travel games but at the time seemed like the thing to do. I ended up just compromising and signing everyone up for safs and calling it a day but feeling like I cheated myself a month down the road. Hay if you can’t pay you can’t play just the facts of life.
Sure, things aren't cheap these days...… Take those 2 kids skiing (well they like snowboarding)….. 3x70 (lift tickets)=210+(if you rent) 90 or so= 300 + (food) 45= 350...….. adds up.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:47 PM

Crackedwindshield and Gewehr43, I'm just glad that you involve your kids in those types of activities. I know it is costly but they will remember it their entire lives. That's a testament to being a good dad.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:36 AM

I don't think $40 is too much.

Petraca range, while reduced, has overhead cover, and walls to break the spring time wind.

No pit duty. Electronic scoring. and- your at Camp Perry, walking in the footsteps of Hero's!

We "find" the money to do what we enjoy.

I do understand having kids who want to shoot. Mine are recently grown up. The CMP charges a reduced rate for Juniors, that will certainly help.

Maybe budget for the Nationals: $5 or $10 a week into an envelope
(ala Dave Ramsey) will help a lot. Christmas monetary gifts from Grandparents can go into this envelope too.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
Sure, things aren't cheap these days...… Take those 2 kids skiing (well they like snowboarding)….. 3x70 (lift tickets)=210+(if you rent) 90 or so= 300 + (food) 45= 350...….. adds up.
I hear you, but no way would I ever entertain the idea of paying that for skiing. We are kinda on the poor side of Alabama. Throw in the motel cost too. Hay you kids here is a big piece of cardboard go slide down that leafy hill. lol!
Old 12-24-2020, 11:18 AM

Hi Guys,

hebes405 I'm with you on price, but it's just the way things are now!

I'm sure there is a govt. fund some were out there providing money for coloring books, crayons including shipping costs. For stressed out collage students & other affected people out there!

How many millions or $ of the proposed trillion $ Virus relief bill will go to the CMP? The news mentioned there are millions on cash in it -for winery's & gecko animal research! I have not read all of it yet!

broom
Old 02-13-2021, 11:53 AM

Forty bucks to shoot my gun. That's an outrage!

That means I have go without a bottle of fine scotch this year. Or worst I would have cut back from four boxes of .30-40 Krag ammo back to two boxes. Gee Whiz! I might have to walk a mile to the local piggly wiggly so I don't have to pay for an extra tank of gasoline.

Then there is the female humanoid in my dreary life. She would have cook a couple extra meals instead of being served on days like her birthday or Saint Valentine's Day.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:17 PM

Folks, get out there and shoot. Someday we all will be unable physically to
shoot in competition. Throwing away memories or stories that you could of
told your children or grand-kids is not worth paying a little extra competition
fees. Get out there and make memories while you still can....

Siefly
Old 02-19-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43 View Post
Lift Ticket tomorrow at Vail: $219 Oh My!!

I can almost drive to Perry from Minnesota, shoot, stay over night and drive home for that .

John
Old 02-23-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siefly View Post
Folks, get out there and shoot. Someday we all will be unable physically to
shoot in competition. Throwing away memories or stories that you could of
told your children or grand-kids is not worth paying a little extra competition
fees. Get out there and make memories while you still can....

Siefly
That's wisdom right there.

I am pushing the boundaries of "marital bliss" by competing in more and MORE matches each year.

If I have a "death bed", I will be smiling. And flipping through my data book to see what I can improve...

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He knew war,and was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. You can find it online.