Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2019, 07:53 PM

Default FS: Colt M1917 Revolver/ 1918 w/Original Holster, Lanyard & extras!

PHOTO LINK (34 PICS): https://imgur.com/a/AO3tef3
For sale is Colt M1917 ser# 64052 (Colt ser# 216354). Colt applied THEIR serial number on the crane, which went along with the New Service Model line. They applied the serial number that is used to identify the revolver, the U.S. Army serial number, on the butt. This one is nice. Great bore and rifling. Times and shoots nice. Locks up tight. It is special because it was "refurbished" by Colt after WW1. The 3 digit 453 numbers you see, were put on by Colt to make sure the original parts stayed together. You can see that it hasn't been "sanded" down. The Colt Rampant Pony is missing. I have seen quite a few that were apparently never stamped (remember, this was FAST Wartime production and this is NOT sanded down!). All the correct WW1 sanding striations from the factory are there. It also went through Springfield Armory, but just acquired a stamp and no other work (as evidenced by the stamped crossed cannons and M). We know this because the hammer is still in the white. SA would have blued it. This pistol definitely saw service in both World Wars! The holster is an original Grafton & Knight, dated 1918. The lanyard is an original U.S.G.I. dated 1917. All have been together for a LOT of years (as evidenced by the verdigris on the gun, from the holster. That can't be faked!). A great piece with a ton of history. Very collectible. Oh yeah, it is ALSO possibly THE latest JMG monogram (the inspector's cartouche/stamp) in existence! This marking was stopped at 64,000, so VERY few would have made it past that. Very cool. I WILL INCLUDE 10 HALF MOON CLIPS, 5 FULL MOON CLIPS AND A NEW MOON CLIP TOOL WITH PURCHASE!
$1,150.00 PLUS ACTUAL SHIPPING. I do NOT charge over my cost to ship! The first "I'll take it" posted here and followed up with an IMMEDIATE email to me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com gets it. That email must have your information, the way you want to pay, and a zip code of your C&R or shop it is going to. ANY HANDGUN GOING TO A C&R MUST BE SHIPPED OVERNIGHT VIA UPS (I DONíT USE FED EX). I take Personal checks, Bank checks and Business checks (with MY bankís clear time), USPS money orders, discreet Paypal gift, or credit cards plus 3.5% of the total. I am an 01 FFL. Cross posted. Time stamp rules. I WILL sell to California. I am all set up to do so. Please email me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com to learn the actual California C&R FFL laws.