Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2009, 09:24 PM

Default "Early Feature" Carbines"? Any more batches?

Wondering if anyone has any insight into the possibility of more quantities of carbines, that for the most part, seem to have avoided many of the arsenal updates and replacement parts, such as with many of the Bavarians. These Bavarian's, I think surprised alot of us (myself included), with a boondogal of early, original, correct parts, more than just the flip sights. Nice to think that there may be more to be found, though maybe not likely. I remember debating back and forth about ordering a Bavarian. Thought, that's a bit of money extra, mainly for an original flip sight. Glad I "followed my feeling" that it may be a once in my lifetime chance.
Anyone care to guess where some more of these "Early Featured Carbines" may be hiding?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:08 PM

I happy I bought one too...but I know nothing of carbines. After doing some research, it was a once in a lifetime chance like you say. Nice thing is, the Rural Police still have quantity left since they are still for sale on the sales page. I'm noticing now that, carbines look way better with the type 1 band with out the bayo lug...very clean lines.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:22 AM

Yes it does look great with a type I when you start shooting it it will loosen up they did not change it because it worked. A very of the SG rifles posted on this site had early features they are all gone.

Emmett