Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > My Gun DB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 PM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default MyGunDB Go inventory software now available for iPod/iPad/iPhone!

The best way to manage your firearms on the desktop and Android devices is now available on the iTunes App store!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mygun...2602?ls=1&mt=8

The posted version is 2 versions behind the Android version but the latest version is already submitted -- hopefully it'll just be a couple days before the new release is approved by Apple. It will fix Syncing and add some other features and will be the same version as the Android releases as of then.

So yes, the Syncing isn't working in this version, but it's already fixed for the next release.

Please let me know any questions or suggestions you may have!
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-09-2012, 05:03 PM
nmCollector nmCollector is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 276
Thumbs up Good Job

I still need to tweak my iOS version some and then I will submit it as well. I have a few people testing it but no feedback positive or negative.

__________________
Clay Pryor
nmCollector.net LLC
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2012, 11:08 PM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
I still need to tweak my iOS version some and then I will submit it as well. I have a few people testing it but no feedback positive or negative.

Yeah, Apple is a pain when it comes to getting approved. They rejected my app until I set the Frequency rating for "Mature/Suggestive Themes" to "Frequent" because it deals with Firearms, just as a heads up.
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Blockhead Blockhead is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,469
Default

Love this program on my PC. I assume we'll have to purchase it for the Iphone even if we have the full version, correct?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-27-2012, 12:01 PM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
Love this program on my PC. I assume we'll have to purchase it for the Iphone even if we have the full version, correct?
At this time, yes, it is a separate purchase. It's 2 separate systems and code bases.
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Blockhead Blockhead is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,469
Default

OK, that is not a big deal, but synching is. At what point will the Iphone version "talk" to my PC? And what will be the process for doing so?

Thanks again for a great product.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 AM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
OK, that is not a big deal, but synching is. At what point will the Iphone version "talk" to my PC? And what will be the process for doing so?

Thanks again for a great product.
The iPhone version does -- I'm rewriting the sync code (it's done, I am just doing tests) as some older phones have had issues due to memory and the new system uses much less.

To sync, Open desktop app and select Export to Mobile and save file. Open iTunes app and go to your device and select to view "Apps" scroll page down till you see the File Sharing section. Select MyGunDB Go and select "Add". Select the file you just saved. Then click Sync. Open your mobile device and select Import. Select the file you added and wait for it to complete.

I can't wait to finish the Dropbox integration to make all those steps unneeded.
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2012, 06:17 AM
sergeant major sergeant major is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Severn, Maryland
Posts: 282
Default

First let me say that “MyGunDB”, PC version, is a great program and I use it all the time for my weapons inventory to the rounds fired count window almost daily. Yesterday I purchased the phone version (Android) for my Samsung Galaxy S II phone. This app loaded to my phone without any problems and functions well up to the point when I tried to import “MyGunDB-Backup.zifs file into the app. The .zifs file shows up in my miscellaneous file folder on the phone (which I can see) but when I try to locate the file when the app is open…the .zifs file cannot be found. I even placed the .zifs file on the phone’s SDCARD, I can see it on the phone but not when the app is open. What am I doing wrong…suggestions? I sure would hate to have to retype all my weapons info into this app.
__________________
U.S. Army Retired 1990
Vietnam Vet, '66, '68, '70
Member: Garand Collectors Association
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 PM
wolfrage wolfrage is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Derry, NH
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant major View Post
First let me say that “MyGunDB”, PC version, is a great program and I use it all the time for my weapons inventory to the rounds fired count window almost daily. Yesterday I purchased the phone version (Android) for my Samsung Galaxy S II phone. This app loaded to my phone without any problems and functions well up to the point when I tried to import “MyGunDB-Backup.zifs file into the app. The .zifs file shows up in my miscellaneous file folder on the phone (which I can see) but when I try to locate the file when the app is open…the .zifs file cannot be found. I even placed the .zifs file on the phone’s SDCARD, I can see it on the phone but not when the app is open. What am I doing wrong…suggestions? I sure would hate to have to retype all my weapons info into this app.
Sent you a PM explaining how to sync -- make sure you're using the latest version and sue the Sync W/ Mobile menu instead of backing up.
__________________
http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Russ661 Russ661 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lancaster CA
Posts: 672
Default

I must be even more computer illiterate than I give myself credit for because I cannot for the life of me get Dropbox to work with MGDB. All I can see are .ifs files and no way to open them. I like the program (MGDB) but I can't use it remotely because of this issue. Frankly, I'm not liking Dropbox at all. Very frustrating. //rant off
__________________
We're paratroopers, son. We're supposed to be surrounded!

Airborne
B Co, 1/509 ABCT Vicenza Italy, '74-'76
NRA Patriot Life Member
NAHC Life Member

http://calgunsfoundation.org/amazon/...hop42a.jpg</a>
25+ 100% positive feedbacks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.