Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanks Marty for reading my post and not doing as some others that are blinded by juvenile feelings. Actually, my post had you in mind. I was there to see you earn one win, which was phenomenal. You are an extremely skilled marksman. IMO, you should have taken home more.

But, that said, when a professional team shows up to a “Civilian Marksmanship Program” competition and makes up 30% or so of the field, something’s amiss. Likewise, when some of their shooters, clearly Masters and HM take lower level awards (i.e. Sharpshooter) just because the new CMP classification system hasn’t caught up to them (they hadn’t shot enough CMP events), something’s amiss as well.

All of this is really no big deal to me, as I’m an average or slightly better (on good days) shooter. I don’t ever expect to win any of this stuff and rightly so. But there are those that put in the time, expense and effort, and for them, competing in a civilian event against a field stacked with 30% professional marksmen, well, it’s just not right. For all the mouse jockeys, I’m not even talking about retired professional shooters, cause with them it’s the same as other civilians, game on. They also have to buy their own equipment and their livelihood doesn’t depend on them shooting well, so let’s not go there.

Again, I’m not advocating not allowing professional team participation, but IMO something needs to give, or we’ll witness the dissolution of what was once a great event.

Last edited by 3StrikesNC; 06-03-2018 at 09:43 AM.