Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2018, 06:52 AM

Default Another CMP Thank You thead.

I hope those of you who have been long time members and competitors can remember what being new feels like.

18 months ago an RSO, Nick, let Marilyn and I shoot his M1. A few months later we had our first SG, one month later, the second SG. Months of range time, after thousands of rounds, learning the history and mechanics of the M1 we attended our first CMP match. "Too much fun" is an understatement! What an amazing rifle is another understatement. Marilyn did not shoot in the first match we attended, she watched and learned. Last weekend she shot her first CMP match, a 252 x5, using a CMP 1955 Springfield. She is thrilled and we hope to compete much, much more. We enjoy sharing our Garands with other shooters at the range and we promote both the CMP and the matches. I can't believe how rewarding it is (and mentally exhausting) to shoot in a Garand match and we are still in the shallow end of the pool, so to speak. So a big Thank You to the CMP, we are "targetting" the Western Games as a future goal. Also a very big Thank You to Jim Adele and Rob Rathburn at the Colorado Rifle Club for being so welcoming and helpful.

Ps. I shot a 215 x4 and could not have been happier with my score and progress, but I think I may have created a monster shooter in Marilyn. Yes, I am proud of her.