Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2018, 05:32 AM

Default CMP enbloc clips...

So I have a CMP SG Garand waiting for me when I redeploy home next month. It's my first and I'm looking to pick up some needed accessories so I'm ready to hit the range as soon as I get home. Anyway, where I can I'd like to support the CMP so I wanted to see how their new manufacture enbloc clips stack up to surplus ones floating around.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:04 AM

I've had nothing but good experiences with the ones I purchased.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Most work okay with the smaller extractor groove type 30.06 ammo, but every now and then you might find a problem using them with this older style ammo.

I have had no problems at all using them with the larger extractor grooved NATO style ammunition in my 30.06 SA Service Grade and .308 CMP Special.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:51 PM

amadeus76, I sent you a PM. Eddie
Old 02-02-2018, 08:21 AM

Smooth out the finish with some steel wool then fire away.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:32 PM

Personally I would buy USGI enblocs
Old 02-03-2018, 09:51 AM

AGE 1, AEC 2, and CMP 3 marked clips were all made by Aggressive Engineering Corp, Anaheim, Ca. AGE 1 clips are U.S gov't issue from the late 80s. AEC 2 clips are commerical, including CMP use. CMP 3 clips started in 2012 for use by the CMP program. Aggressive was the last U.S. contractor for M1 ammo clips.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:16 PM

I've been using the same 5 SA clips now for about 6 years in all my practice & match shooting. They were NOS clips that came out of a sealed 1953 TW M2AP Clips & Bandoleers spam can I opened years ago. They have the very smooth light grey park, all rounds load easily into the clips, regardless of ammo manufacturer or case rim type, and the loaded clips load and eject from any M1 I use like greased lightening. In a sport that can become equipment intense, it's nice to not have to worry if the clips will function properly. I'd never use anything but smooth parked USGI clips, and Springfield clips are as good as they get

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 02-05-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
I've been using the same 5 SA clips now for about 6 years in all my practice & match shooting. They were NOS clips that came out of a sealed 1953 TW M2AP Clips & Bandoleers spam can I opened years ago. They have the very smooth light grey park, all rounds load easily into the clips, regardless of ammo manufacturer or case rim type, and the loaded clips load and eject from any M1 I use like greased lightening. In a sport that can become equipment intense, it's nice to not have to worry if the clips will function properly. I'd never use anything but smooth parked USGI clips, and Springfield clips are as good as they get
This is a very good assessment and I couldn’t agree more!! Buy some smooth parked USGI clips, even if they cost a couple of Bucks apiece, and have no worries!!