Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Default M1 Garand En Bloc Loader

Hi, I saw a post in the Marketplace section of the latest GCA Journal for this. I like it but will have to talk myself into it,, regards, Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvkX390WTA

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 PM

That is pretty slick.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 PM

drawings to make your own are floating around on the 'net.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 AM

I saw that too. For $425 plus shipping I'll pass. Not that big a deal to hand load them for the number of times I have too do it.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:41 PM

Default If I remember correctly . . .

One of these (maybe this one) was sold on eBay for a worthwhile cause several years ago.

I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.

2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Old 03-22-2017, 03:55 PM

It is slick, love it actually... but for how much I get to shoot these days (and the number of clipped spam cans I have) I can't really justify the $425.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:09 AM

While I think it looks great in an ars gratia artis way, how long does it take to load its column vs loading the clips? This is not restricted to this loader; it has always been one of my pet peeves with those loaders.

I've seen ones to load an AR/AK magazine that you opened like a drawer, lined up all the 30 rounds, and then closed it which would then shove them into the magazine. I guess that is why military has ammo boxes full of rounds in stripper clips: someone else already did the time-consuming job; all you have to do is shove the doohickey on the top of a magazine, insert stripper clip, and go to town.

But, all that takes much less wight and space than the drawer/lever operated loaders. Now, if they made one you can just throw the ammo in a hopper and it would come out all lined up and ready to be fed into your en block clip/magazine, then we'd be talking. The reloading industry seems to have got that right.

With all that said, IMHO manually loading a Garand clip is therapeutic. But I am weird like that.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:13 PM

Loading a garand clip should be therapeutic, but mine all give me a fight and sometimes the rounds all escape. That is a neat loader, but I'm like the other gents here: I don't shoot often enough to justify the cost. I need powder more.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:35 PM

Hi as everyone says, it's very neat. The price is a problem for something we don't need. I still like it and could see it displayed in my reloading area, regards, Mike

"The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage"...Thucyides
Old 06-15-2017, 08:52 AM

I purchased one from Norm, and it came in yesterday. It works perfectly! I tested it with both .30-06 and .308. I even tested it with blanks, just for the heck of it. Works exactly as advertised.

I justified the expense, because of arthritis in my hands, and carpal tunnel, making it difficult to load the enbloc's by hand. Well worth the money spent.