Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by togor View Post
Reloading isn't hard to learn if you have an eye for detail and some minimal facility with tools. If you can cook you can learn to reload.
+1 Your best bet.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thj View Post

Not any more (Unless I pay $50 for an ammo purchase license, attempt to talk someone into receiving my ammo and "Allow" me to take it without, hopefully, too much of a holders fee).
sounds like a biz opportunity!

although the state says its illegal to have shipped in, i bet its legal to still do it IN state?

Set up a storefront in your garage (well maybe a warehouse area) and then have it shipped by folks and you in turn ship it to them. Costs a lot more, but folks will pay for convenience
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I & Vet Bring Backs Vol II, a collection of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
Old 12-07-2017, 02:28 PM

1+ on the heavy package

I will keep my eye out for the PM about the bullets.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:36 PM

careful with the reloading,

careful, as in be careful cause reloading is a disease.
next thing you know you will have a dedicated area, with 3-5 presses setup, dies for calibers you have not loaded yet (cause it was a good deal) etc etc,

I started with a Forster Co-Ax (best press ever) and have expanded to 5 presses, (all a mix)
and half a garage later....
Old 12-08-2017, 12:05 PM

New CALIFORNIA ammo law - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Sounds like you need a FFL and an AMMUNITION LICENSE and ALL repeating fire arms must be registered.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply gentlemen.

Iíve been told going next door to Nevada to purchase ammo is a no no.

As of now, I have neither the knowledge nor equipment to reload, but this may seem to be a pretty wise thing to look into.

Um... how will they know?
Old 12-23-2017, 12:50 AM

Well, first of all, a few of you folks have been very supportive in your comments and offers. Thank you.

Not to sound negative, but it looks like the new reality is now setting in.

I just tried to make one last online purchase to be delivered directly to my home, and my online source of handgun ammo won't do it anymore. They said the last day to purchase a shipment for direct delivery was today, December 22. I tried at 9:30 PM or so. No dice. They are three hours ahead of CA. Its the 23rd for them.

As per the order page, I now have to provide a name and address of someone with an FFL to place an order.

This kind of feels like a kick in the stomach.

I'm sure life will go on, and those of us who live in California will continue to find ways to cope, but really? How many hoops are we going to have to jump through? And at what additional cost?

It's pretty clear now that this is going to be an ongoing thread....
Old 12-23-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Well, first of all, a few of you folks have been very supportive in your comments and offers. Thank you.

Not to sound negative, but it looks like the new reality is now setting in.

I just tried to make one last online purchase to be delivered directly to my home, and my online source of handgun ammo won't do it anymore. They said the last day to purchase a shipment for direct delivery was today, December 22. I tried at 9:30 PM or so. No dice. They are three hours ahead of CA. Its the 23rd for them.

As per the order page, I now have to provide a name and address of someone with an FFL to place an order.

This kind of feels like a kick in the stomach.

I'm sure life will go on, and those of us who live in California will continue to find ways to cope, but really? How many hoops are we going to have to jump through? And at what additional cost?

It's pretty clear now that this is going to be an ongoing thread....

Yea the reality just hit me too. The wife and I just decided we are joining her parents in Idaho. We canít do this here anymore.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:49 AM

Default CA Ammo Ban Relief

All - per the text of the law those with a C&R FFL03 are exempt. Therefore, spend the $30 dollars and get your C&R + the one time ~$100 for your CA COE. SGammo and others will happily sell to you directly (and legally).

Other major ammo sellers will or already do understand this part of the law.

You will never know the law was passed...

For all CA residents, please see easy/legal way to buy ammo on-line after the new ammo purchase restrictions go into effect. If you do the below, the law will have zero impact on you...

+++
Get C&R license (FFL03) and CA COE. Video below I found on YouTube explains the process, cost and has links. *if you are a non-CA resident the first ~3 minutes of the video explain the C&R application process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu9JWUDajBc

This recent mailer from SG Ammo has some helpful information also:

The SGAmmo Targeted Newsletter is a custom tailored email to you based on your order history at SGAmmo. This particular email is for California clients in general. Due to recent laws passed in CA there will be heavy restrictions on sales of ammunition starting January 1st, 2018 which will make getting ammunition very difficult for most clients. We read this law in detail and the law requires that delivery be made by Dec 31st 2017. To meet the delivery deadline in compliance with the law we will accept orders from all CA clients until 2pm PST December 21st, which will allow delivery via UPS to all parts of CA by the 31st. After that point we will require clients in CA to upload a picture of the FFL of the dealer that will receive and transfer the ammo, or a C&R type FFL and COE from the state, or a law enforcement ID in conjunction with another state ID. The shipping address must match the address shown on the documents / IDs.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:44 PM

tjpa0002 -

Has SGAmmo made any comments as to what will happen on January 1, 2019?

Getting a C&R and/or FFL03 sounds like a possibility to me, but I'm wondering what changes will take place in 2019? I think that's when things are REALLY going to get difficult...