Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2018, 02:10 PM

Just popped by my local Cabelas, and they have it...but they must know they're the only one with it.
30 bucks a pound is STEEP, imo.
My local Academy is ordering some for me for a bit less, but I may have to just bite the hazmat bullet and start ordering it online from now on
Old 02-27-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 Swedish View Post
I wonder if the new Swiss IMR-4064 will be the same stuff as Accurate 4064? Accurate always jobbed their powders out on the global market, and there's only so many plants making the stuff.

In a side note it's somewhat disconcerting how few powders are made in the U.S. (and at this point, NO extruded powders). It's easy to envision a future anti-gun administration slapping an import ban or huge tariff on imported powders for the purposes of turning your gun safe a boat-anchor safe.
That's why I buy 1 lb of powder every paycheck, I don't even particularly care what powder I get. Just whatever is in stock at a good price that looks useful. I won't get caught short again like I did in 2013 and to a lesser extent in 1992.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:30 AM

This is disturbing to me. IMR 4064 is my bread and butter powder. I keep a good stock of it on hand as I can load almost anything with it. I do use some specialty powders for specialty loads, but in all reality, I could make 4064 work in those applications. It seemed to hold availability through the great powder drought better than most also. This may not be the case anymore.

Kind of makes me want to switch to something from St Marks like BL-C2 for my do-all.