Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2018, 04:58 PM

Ok anyone know about the Brit Radway Green 7.62 brass? Is it reloadable? I can't recall the info from when I got it, got it from J&G Sales. Thanks for the info so far.

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261
Old 02-21-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak71 View Post
Ok anyone know about the Brit Radway Green 7.62 brass? Is it reloadable? I can't recall the info from when I got it, got it from J&G Sales. Thanks for the info so far.
Radway Green (RG) brass is most likely Berdan primed. How many of that do you have?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:08 PM

Nodak, as long as the radway is brass it is reloadable but it may be Berdan primed which most folks don't reload even though a few guys on here do.
Shine a light down inside the case, if there are 2 flash holes it is berdan primed, if there is 1 flash hole it is boxer primed. Probably have better luck selling the boxer than the berdan unless ya catch the right person at the right price.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:55 PM

Stopped and started digging in my little utility room/workshop. Found 3 different coffee cans with brass. As far as the RG 7.62 I don't have too much, only 70 some cases. Wonder if I knew it was berdan primed and didn't keep it. Is excellent ammo, the M1A likes it. Checked a case, yep 2 little flash holes. I have a full coffee can of HXP brass and well over 300 .45 cases after I sorted out some steel blazer cases. I also discovered I have a bunch of .223 brass too, must have been from my son shooting his AR here. Tried to clean grass and stuff out of the piles. What would .223 be, maybe 10 cents a round? Will try to offer some of this to guys who reload.

Thanks for all the good info guys.

Steve

Feedback Thread
Old 02-21-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodak71 View Post
Stopped and started digging in my little utility room/workshop. Found 3 different coffee cans with brass. As far as the RG 7.62 I don't have too much, only 70 some cases. Wonder if I knew it was berdan primed and didn't keep it. Is excellent ammo, the M1A likes it. Checked a case, yep 2 little flash holes. I have a full coffee can of HXP brass and well over 300 .45 cases after I sorted out some steel blazer cases. I also discovered I have a bunch of .223 brass too, must have been from my son shooting his AR here. Tried to clean grass and stuff out of the piles. What would .223 be, maybe 10 cents a round? Will try to offer some of this to guys who reload.

Thanks for all the good info guys.

Steve
223 will be more like 4-5 cents each. 223 is very plentiful and the price on ammo has come down some. Don't throw that brass out. I have an old garbage can I've been throwing my unusable brass in. I'll store in my garage until brass prices climb or I need to get rid of it. Then I'll take to recyclers. Not sure where u are at but there are several places around here that have taken brass in the past. If it's once fired and boxer primed, offer it for sale on the for sale page. You'll get more then scraping it. I even save my expended primers. Those are brass afaik

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt100 View Post
223 will be more like 4-5 cents each. 223 is very plentiful and the price on ammo has come down some. Don't throw that brass out. I have an old garbage can I've been throwing my unusable brass in. I'll store in my garage until brass prices climb or I need to get rid of it. Then I'll take to recyclers. Not sure where u are at but there are several places around here that have taken brass in the past. If it's once fired and boxer primed, offer it for sale on the for sale page. You'll get more then scraping it. I even save my expended primers. Those are brass afaik

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Ok so the .223 isn't worth much more than the .45 cases. I am a long way from anywhere that recycles brass, closest place is about 2 hours one way. I will try offering it here to anyone who wants it. I am just trying to clean up some stuff, I want to list my house and get out of here. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Thread
Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 PM

Berdan or Boxer?

Aloha, Mark
Old 02-22-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma96782 View Post
Berdan or Boxer?

Aloha, Mark
Yep, the 7.62 NATO brass is Berdan primed. A few posts up I mentioned I looked inside a case and saw the two flash holes.

Feedback Thread
Old 02-23-2018, 06:08 PM

Yes, the Radway is Berdan, but still reloadable to those that stockpiled berdan primers. However, with pulldown still primed LC 7.62 x 51 going for about $16.00 per 100, the berdan is only worth the scrap value. Last time I bought any it was $35/1000 shipped.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Yes, the Radway is Berdan, but still reloadable to those that stockpiled berdan primers. However, with pulldown still primed LC 7.62 x 51 going for about $16.00 per 100, the berdan is only worth the scrap value. Last time I bought any it was $35/1000 shipped.
For me it won't be scrap, just land fill. Thanks for the additional.

Feedback Thread