Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Leg Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Default CMP Resumes International Distinguished Badge Presentations

CMP Resumes International Distinguished Badge Presentations -Gold Distinguished Marksman Badges are the highest and most prestigious marksmanship awards authorized by the U.S. Government. The Distinguished International Shooters Badge is arguably the most difficult of the Distinguished Badges to earn because International Distinguished shooters must not only qualify for a U. S. National Team but must then produce medal winning performances in international championships where the best shooters in the world participate. The Civilian Marksmanship Program, which now administers the Distinguished Badge program, recently resumed the presentation of Distinguished International Shooter Badges (USDISB) after a long program break. During this interim, the CMP staff had to recover many years worth of data that was lost when a service providerís computer crashed. A new database with the records of athletes who earned points that count towards the awarding of this badge has been re-established and International Distinguished Badges are being awarded again. Read more at http://thecmp.org/cmp-resumes-intern...presentations/.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:31 PM

Great write up, thank you. I've never until today really studied the International Distinguished badge. I knew it was extremely hard, but looking at the table of what qualifies for points, I'm significantly more in awe of the few people I've seen wearing the badge.