Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2019, 09:37 AM

My number is 4762 and I have heard nothing yet with some guys getting the call with numbers in the 6000s. Wondering whether I should try to contact CMP 1911 or hang tight?
Old 06-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
My number is 4762 and I have heard nothing yet with some guys getting the call with numbers in the 6000s. Wondering whether I should try to contact CMP 1911 or hang tight?
Yes, email them. See information here:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

Rick
Old 06-06-2019, 02:47 PM

I'm not great at patiently waiting. Every time I buy an NFA item it's just painful waiting on my stamp to arrive. My experience in dealing with the BATFE's NFA branch has taught me that calling the BATFE NFA Branch is near pointless. I can tell myself to just be patient as easily as they can.

In this case with the CMP 1911, calling or emailing will ONLY slow the process for everyone and do absolutely no good...... So I've gotten good at passing the time in personal quiet speculation with time tables and data clues.

Based on a spreadsheet I've put together of RNG's and date of calls of notification for a paticular RNG's turn, I've discovered that the average range of numbers can extend easily to 469 on the average CMP working day. So adding 469 to my RNG let's me know when I can start to get anxious, vs just cooling my jets. (The range of 469 from lowest reported RNG to highest reported RNG for a particular CMP working day, after the initial ramp up, seems to account for sickness and vacation among the few, possibly 11, dedicated folks doing the 1911 work at the CMP for which we are all very grateful. I'd also note that the spread continues to grow, possibly due to various unknown delay issues. So as the CMP 1911 staff nears the end I anticipate that the spread will be greater. Then it will trickle to a slow and then a dead stop waiting on the Army to someday possibly release more.)

Problem is that in the next two CMP 1911 working days the range of 469 numbers will surpass my RNG, which is 5654. I'll probably get nervous when I see numbers past 6123. There is always the remote possibility of a NICS delay which will cost a given RNG a 30 day time out. In my particular situation, I included my UPIN on every single page of my order packet. Given that it "seems" to take an admin to run the 4473 with a UPIN, I might end up being further out of the spread of 469 than those who don't have to use a UPIN. (I can't substantiate that, but I've noticed other's comments about UPINs having to have the admin run them.)

YES, it's all speculation. But that is all I can do. Practice patience and speculate. This seemed to be the only place on the forum where reasonable speculation is somewhat allowed. And, perhaps my calm speculation will assist others who might be seeing RNG's higher than theirs getting notified.

Last edited by Danieldallas; 06-06-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Thank you sir. Well I did email them and they responded very quickly! I am 15,443

What number are they on now? 5,000 something? Looks like I have some time.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadpirate View Post
Thank you sir. Well I did email them and they responded very quickly! I am 15,443

What number are they on now? 5,000 something? Looks like I have some time.
Looks like they are into the 6000 range....
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....234071&page=51
Old 06-07-2019, 02:04 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman007 View Post
Yes, email them. See information here:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieldallas View Post

In this case with the CMP 1911, calling or emailing will ONLY slow the process for everyone and do absolutely no good......
Danieldallas, it's all right to email the CMP 1911. Really and truly! You are correct about not calling them, but check the link to the official 1911 information webpage in my previous message. They ask you to email them.

Please do so before it's too late. Look at the good result dreadpirate got when he took the same advice from Shomway in this thread.

Good luck!

Rick