X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IamCaleb
    • May 2013

Palm Beach County Matches

Any matches near Palm Beach County? I would like to go see a match or two for future matches I would like to enter. Thanks.
  • RedSpecial
    • Jan 2013

Port Malabar does monthly Garand matches the first Saturday if the month. It's off of 95 exit 173. Craftsman here runs the show.

I'm also a palm beach county resident. I'll be heading to the Sheriff range off of southern on Sunday.
    - Neil

My Feedback thread

Looking for SA M1 2417731 - its out there, the CMP sold it in 2012!

Comment

• IamCaleb
      • May 2013

Originally posted by RedSpecial View Post
      Port Malabar does monthly Garand matches the first Saturday if the month. It's off of 95 exit 173. Craftsman here runs the show.

I'm also a palm beach county resident. I'll be heading to the Sheriff range off of southern on Sunday.
      Cool, I know where that is. I did an Appleseed event there last year. Missed "Rifleman" by 10 pts, plan on attending in December again.

Does the Sherrif range allow steel core M2 ball? Some people I talk to say they are really strict, others say they don't care. I have not started reloading yet so, all I have is m2.

Also, what time do you usually go and would you mind a newbie (to Garands) join you for some shooting?

Caleb

Comment

• RedSpecial
        • Jan 2013

I've never had them inspect my ammo or do anything like that there. They are usually pretty laid back as long as your not being a jack ******. Some people just don't like the stigma of going to a sheriffs range.

I don't know exactly what time I'm going there, probably some time around 10-10:30. I'm going with my old man. I'm taking my m1917 and 03a4 that I got to sight in.
        - Neil

My Feedback thread

Comment

• IamCaleb
          • May 2013

I did not get a chance to go on Sunday. How was it?

Comment

• RedSpecial
            • Jan 2013

I think the weather held everyone away. I was there from about 1030 to 1230 and for the most part it was myself, my dad and two other regular shooters.
            - Neil

My Feedback thread

Comment

• IamCaleb
              • May 2013

Originally posted by RedSpecial View Post
              I think the weather held everyone away. I was there from about 1030 to 1230 and for the most part it was myself, my dad and two other regular shooters.
              I'm headed there this weekend, most likely Sunday morning. I could probably do Sat also depending on work.

Comment

• RedSpecial
                • Jan 2013

Yeah I'll be out there at some point too. Probably 1030ish again. Sunday they are shooting from the 300 yrd line.
                - Neil

My Feedback thread

Comment

• IamCaleb
                  • May 2013

Cool, I will be there. Can you sight in closer, then move out to 300?

Comment

• RedSpecial
                    • Jan 2013

They have a 50 yard range that is always open and then another range that they move the firing line back and forth. Saturday's is always 100 yards and Sunday's it's typically 200 but once a quarter they go out to 300. Sunday may prove to be busy because it's getting close to hunting season and time to make sure the hunting rifles are doped.
                    - Neil

My Feedback thread

Comment

• IamCaleb
                      • May 2013

Hopefully not too busy. My buddy is bringing out some cool firearms, including a RPK and SBR AR15.

I just want to zero my Garand and Lee Enfield, I will have my AR out as well.

Comment

• RedSpecial
                        • Jan 2013

They don't allow rapid fire there, just so you know. I don't know if an RPK will be much fun not wasting ammunition.
                        - Neil

My Feedback thread

Comment

• IamCaleb
                          • May 2013

Yeah I know but, he has to zero them. He is always going there so, he is aware of the rules. I just found out today that he actually goes there, I always thought with the toys he has he would only go to Okeechobee.

Comment

• RedSpecial
                            • Jan 2013

I have yet to go to okeechobee. I heard its nice but a drive and a half for me.
                            - Neil

My Feedback thread

Comment

• IamCaleb
                              • May 2013

Yes, it's a drive. But, it is a ton of fun if you can spend the day there. Gets busy at times tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X