X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolfrage
    • May 2011

MyGunDB: CMP Edition now available!

Welcome to the official MyGunDB: CMP Edition forum!

MyGunDB: CMP Edition offers many features to help maintain your collection digitally by allowing you to track your firearms, manage your ammo, accessories, maintenance logs, and more.

http://cmp.mygundb.com/

Whether you are an enthusiast, a C&R collector like myself, or you are an FFL with a large inventory, MyGunDB: CMP Edition will help keep your information safe and secure, and, just as important, organized.

It even meets BATF requirements for a bound book if you are a C&R or FFL!

Every purchase through the above link helps support the CMP directly!

You can download the free version, which is completely functional, so you can try it out before purchasing -- its only limit is that you can't have more than 10 firearms in the free version.

Purchasing a registration and entering the registration key into the program will remove that limit.

It runs on Windows, OSX and Linux systems, and keeps all data stored locally on your computer in an encrypted database.

Security and privacy were of utmost concern when developing the program as it was originally written for my own use -- I got my C&R license and using a hand written bound book made no sense for me as I'm a computer geek and have terrible handwriting. It turned out that others wanted a copy and it's grown to be far more than I originally intended, thanks to the firearm community.

If you'd like to read some of the previous threads about MyGunDB, please visit these links:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=45657
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=62653

If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to let me know!
    http://CMP.MyGunDB.com - Help support the CMP and organize your firearm collection today! Runs on Windows, OSX and Linux!

Visit thew official support forum here: http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98
  • Old Chief
    • Oct 2009

I've had My Gun DB for quite a while and my computer crashed. I did have it on a memory stick as a back up but the new computer tells me that the file is empty. How can I obtain the original number so I may be able to install it in my new computer?

([email protected])

Comment

• Blockhead
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Old Chief View Post
      I've had My Gun DB for quite a while and my computer crashed. I did have it on a memory stick as a back up but the new computer tells me that the file is empty. How can I obtain the original number so I may be able to install it in my new computer?

([email protected])
      Good luck trying to get help. This was a great program while it worked, but I lost all my data once I changed computers and I could never get it back. No help from the programmer.
      My Feedback

Comment

• skohler
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Old Chief View Post

([email protected])
        Same happened to me with a computer change, but it was probably 4 years ago and I pm'd him though the forum. He sent me my info and I got it back up and running. I'm thinking at this point he is out of the game based on all the trouble folks have had since. Unfortunate for those that bought it.

I think this program was useful when supported, but probably time to write off and search for something different.

Comment

• Thumper
          • Jun 2010

Yea I lost all of mine also. Bad deal.
          I don't always shoot, but when I do, I shoot an M1 carbine. Stay armed my friends.

I had 45+ positive feedbacks one day, and then the next day it was gone...................poltergeist?

Comment

• Lordmorgul
            • Feb 2019

Excel files seem the best way to handle this. I have a iPhone app that is neat but the entry is cumbersome and the format squished for something like this. I do keep some info in it, so I have serials and gun list with me there, as well as my excel files are able to be opened from phone, but excel has most of my data.

Comment

• Darkhorse72
              • Oct 2012

So, I am guessing this is no longer available?
              The link takes me to a blank index.
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X