Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awpk03s View Post
Thanks for letting me take home the 5.8 SA Field Grade you had up on the counter!
Sure, no problem. I have enough shooters to last a lifetime so I am just looking for unusual stuff now, and the 5.3m serial number rifles are very rare at the North Store. Same goes for 4 digit, 5 digit, 4.2, 4.3, 5.2, 5.3, 5.9, and 6.0 serial numbers. Never seen a 4 digit. Got a 5 digit earlier this year. I think I saw a 4.2 once but never a 4.3. And now a few 5.9s are showing up. The only 6.0 has been on NM rifles that sat there for over a year. The WIN-13s were there earlier in the year and got one of those. Never seen an X marked rifle or an IHC (other than a drill rifle) at the North Store. Sometimes it is fun to just go and see if you can see something unusual, like a consecutive numbered rifle to one you already have (I always take my list with me).
Old 10-02-2012, 01:38 AM

abeal,

The reference to the 'guys' saying the NM barrels are installed at Anniston, were these customers in the store, or CMP employees?

Thanks, and best regards,

Creedmoor
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM

hey Abeal, I'm the army guy that was talking to you on Sat. Spc. Irwin I spent most of the day there and got 10 more rifles out the door for bob n the guys. Got to help move around some stock in the back too. Kind of cool.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM

Nice meeting you Spc Irwin. The CMP needs to put you on commission for increasing sales. Did you post any pictures? One day it will all come to an end and the pictures will be all we have. What kind of rifles did your guys end up purchasing?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 AM

most were SA field grades, 2 correct and 4 WRAs. most were nice color match just beat up wood. BUT I told all my guys that if you cant clean the wood bring it to next drill and ill clean and work the kinks out. I have a bad feeling ill be seeing alot of stocks..
Your telling me! I would have been happy if they gave me a drill rifle but i had fun
Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 AM

no pics phone was dead.