Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2014, 10:13 AM

the registered part is not tied to a specific receiver serial number and can be transferred between carbines.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:52 PM

the individual M2 parts themselves can constitute a machine gun if all seven of those listed by atf nfa rules are in the same place at the same time. although apparently you can be in possession of 6 of the parts to be used as spares and be legal.
https://www.atf.gov/files/publicatio...-chapter-2.pdf
"The above parts consisting of an M2 selector lever, selector lever spring, disconnector lever assembly, M2 disconnector, disconnector spring, disconnector plunger and M2 hammer are classified as a machinegun. These parts are used specifically for fully automatic fire and have no application in a semiautomatic carbine. While other parts such as an M2 sear, operating slide, trigger housing and stock are used in the fully automatic carbine, these parts are also appropriate for use in semiautomatic M1 carbines."
Old 11-25-2014, 09:43 PM

If I buy a RTG, is it registered to a receiver of my choice meaning I can take it off my Inland and put it on my SP? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding the differnce between buying a RTG and buying a complete M2. I think the RTG means I can put it on any carbine as long as the gov't knows the receiver SN wheras buying an overstamped M1 or M2 means I can't take the TG off and put it on another receiver. My dad wants to buy an M2 and I'm trying to understand the difference between buying a RTG vs. buying an M1 overstamp/M2. I think my above theory is correct and he things there is not such things as an RTG and it cannot be put on any carbine.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:23 AM

from what little i've read it seems that a lot of people think that an actual M2 receiver will have more collector value. apparently they mostly end up rarely being fired. but registered M1 receiver guns can actually be cheaper than a registered part. they may be seen as not having the versatility of the registered part. the RTG or what ever registered part you buy is not tied to any particular receiver. ATF treats it as a separate entity independent of what ever gun it happens to be in at the moment. i bought a registered part because i intend to shoot mine a lot and didn't want to be responsible for destroying an original M2. you can use your registered part in any carbine that is built to USGI specs. i plan to move mine to a repo M1a1 i'm building with after market barrel, stock, and receiver if i can't find a good deal on a nice USGI receiver.
hopefully, someone here that's been into this longer than i have can chime in and make this clearer.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:09 PM

Default My New M1 Carbine

I recently found this M1 Carbine at an online auction. It is a 6 digit (1942) Inland receiver with a Saginaw SG Div. barrel. It has a very light and very small Arlington import mark on the underside of the barrel. Stock has no cartouche's or markings.

The Garand is a Feb 1944 receiver with 2-44 barrel and correct op rod and trigger group. Picked it up at a local auction.

Old 01-18-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1fan View Post
If I buy a RTG, is it registered to a receiver of my choice meaning I can take it off my Inland and put it on my SP? I guess I'm having a hard time understanding the differnce between buying a RTG and buying a complete M2. I think the RTG means I can put it on any carbine as long as the gov't knows the receiver SN wheras buying an overstamped M1 or M2 means I can't take the TG off and put it on another receiver. My dad wants to buy an M2 and I'm trying to understand the difference between buying a RTG vs. buying an M1 overstamp/M2. I think my above theory is correct and he things there is not such things as an RTG and it cannot be put on any carbine.
Now I'm curious too. Got a bud with a (1990-ish) registered M2 that's built on a Rockola rec'r. He's under the impression that it is a Rockola but we all know that Inland and Winchester were the only ones to build the M2. Could any M1 be converted to an M2 before '86? Not sure how the break the news to him...

Russ
Old 01-21-2015, 10:00 PM

error

Last edited by huey_crew_chief; 01-22-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 PM

43 Inland

[IMG][/IMG]

43 Winchester with Arsenal upgrades

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by huey_crew_chief; 01-22-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:41 PM

Is it not working? It works on my end?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey_crew_chief View Post
Is it not working? It works on my end?
It's working for me...I see two really nice carbines!!