Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 11:24 PM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:22 AM

Us Swed's are known for liking nuts or is it that we are nut! I forget,
Old 08-19-2012, 02:06 PM

Did you guys check for NM gas cylinders? One of the ones I got also had a NM gas cylinder.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlucas0311 View Post
Did you guys check for NM gas cylinders? One of the ones I got also had a NM gas cylinder.
Mine didn't have the NM gas cylinder. I was just happy to find a nice 5.9 in the service grade rack... and it being a NM was a heck of a bonus.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:56 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but these aren't actually NM rifles, correct? It's my understanding that these are regular rifles that when in for rebuild just happened to get leftover NM parts that were transferred over when they stopped building real NM rifles. Am I correct about that? I feel like I'm reasonably knowledgeable about Garands, but far from an expert, and that would be a nice thing to know if I'm incorrect.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:47 PM

well it start out that I said mr Orest if CMP will be selling NM Garand by mail , HE stated yes, now Iam not should if the M1garand now as the store are NM Rifles or once they added them to the catalog, will cmp pull all them all and remark and reprice them, IMOP
Old 08-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but these aren't actually NM rifles, correct? It's my understanding that these are regular rifles that when in for rebuild just happened to get leftover NM parts that were transferred over when they stopped building real NM rifles. Am I correct about that? I feel like I'm reasonably knowledgeable about Garands, but far from an expert, and that would be a nice thing to know if I'm incorrect.
Both could be correct. Some are NM rifles that went to Greece that had the NM sights removed to be used as service rifles. Also I have heard what you are stating about rebuilds getting the left overs from the NM rifle rebuilds. Somewhere someone might have a serial list of the NM rifles that were built and rebuilt at SA. I'm guessing that would be the only way to prove the rifles in question. Even then they will only be restored National Match rifles.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:13 PM

At the NS today and found 3 FG with NM Barrels. Found 1 FG with a NM Op rod. One barreled receiver had a SN in the 150,000 range.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
No they are not NM rifles. The one I bought at Matches had a NM BBL and OP Rod. Hope that answers it for you.

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 08-26-2012, 09:46 AM

It is shame that all the paperwork was lost on the NM M1's that went to Greece. I have four post war SA's that are in the correct serial number range for type one and two NM's. The barrels are all stamped with the target proofed "T" and punched "P". Three have "NM" by the serial number and five point star. One is actually in a bedded stock. I will not say that they are NM rifles but probably at one time they most likely were. I like collecting them now, down the road they, IMHO, they will become collectable. Just like the Lend Lease rifles. All four rifles are field grade and are almost correct. I like the been there, done that look in my rifles.